Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
Alright, Tex. You're a fucking pig-headed idiot if you think that there are Packer fans who actually want the team to lose. I don't think anyone here wants this team to lose. Don't be so fucking simplistic.

There are people - and yes, I am one of them - who for different reasons are ready to move on from Rodgers. Some think his play is simply declining and it's useless to keep trying with him. Others don't like the guy. Some are just tired of the off-season drama. Some are not happy that he'd begun to exert control over player acquisition and retention. Some just want to see a new era. For some, it's a combination of the above.

And those who are ready to move on to Love - or to whomever - recognize that in the short term, the team might not do quite as well. But they are willing to live with Jordan Love as QB and the team going, say, 7 - 10, as opposed to having Rodgers one more year and going 8 - 9. That's what many people think the difference is. They could be wrong, sure. Or are there two more years with Rodgers scuffling along? Those people think Love might be good, and that 6 - 11 or 7 - 10 could be followed by some bright, successful years. Others think maybe Love will suck, and the team will tank, but that this could lead to a high draft pick and a shot at the next great Green Bay QB.

Your first premise - with Rodgers it's going to be great, without him they're going to be horrible for god knows how long - is just your opinion. It's not a fact, despite what you may believe. Your second premise, based on the first, that people who do not want Rodgers back therefore want the Packers to be horrible - is just wrong.

So if it's possible, stop calling people names because they've shaken up your world a little bit. I'm sorry your happiness seems so dependent upon the world, especially the Packer world, needing to look the way you want it to look.
What's undeniable is that there are plenty of Packer fans, and a lot bigger percentage in here than in general, who want WHAT ABSOLUTELY WILL CAUSE LOSING FOOTBALL - stupidly getting rid of Rodgers. Yeah, I doubt many or any who claim to be Packer fans want the team to lose, but I read this idiocy about moving on or whatever, and it's clear that a lot of people are damn dumb enough to want THE CAUSE of that losing football.