MLF said Jordan Love would play in the preseason. I'd think that means it's more like the early Rodgers days where he'd play like a quarter one game, then a half, and then nothing.

I would expect them to tackle better and the offense to execute more cleanly earlier in the season if they play some preseason.

I think not giving their starters playing time in the preseason was smart from a health standpoint, but bad from a performance standpoint. They often looked slow and overmatched in their first game or two, as though they had to adjust to game speed and working together, timing, etc. MLF probably felt they could take a mulligan in Game 1 of the season with Rodgers and a fully healthy team, with 16 more games to go. Last year must certainly have been the wake up call. An 8-9 team can't afford to give away any games.

I'll be curious to see what they do about backup QB. They don't have cap space, there's not much out there anyway, and they have to do better than Danny Etling. I'd assume they take a flier on a QB in the draft.