View Poll Results: Who will Rodgers Play For In 2023?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Packers

10 33.33%
  • Raiders

4 13.33%
  • Jets

10 33.33%
  • Panthers

0 0%
  • Titans

2 6.67%
  • Dolphins

0 0%
  • Colts

0 0%
  • Bucs

0 0%
  • Other

2 6.67%
  • He Won't Play

2 6.67%
Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2023 (Or Will He Play)?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    The supposed compensation - two thirds this year and a first next year - isn't all that much. But at some point, I'd be ready to take a bag of peanuts for the guy. Not yet though.

LAST THING I WANT form the Jets is a 3rd round draft pick. Gute has shown every year so far he sucks in that round
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Fuck the Jets

Trade him to San Fran
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    LAST THING I WANT form the Jets is a 3rd round draft pick. Gute has shown every year so far he sucks in that round
    Fritz was referring to 49ers. Jets don't have a 3rd round pick. 49ers don't have a 1st or 2nd round pick, but have 3 3rd round picks (all comp picks).
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Which means this may be a secret plan by the 49ers to not only acquire Rodgers but to sink the Packers' chances because SF knows that Green Bay whiffs in the third round pretty much every year.

In terms of the other teams - Jets and Niners - it in some ways makes more sense for the Niners. They seem to have all the puzzle pieces except QB. They can afford to give up two or three thirds this year cuz they have 'em, still leaving them with the first and second (if they still have them, I don't know). They seem better-suited to go a long way in the playoffs - they did last year - so the first rounder they'd give up next year would very likely upper 20's to 32. And if Rodgers retires after one year, cool, they've got Trey Lance and Brock Purdy (is that the kid's name?).
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

49ers don't have any 1st or 2nds this year.

Ah. Well, maybe they're not so well-suited, unless they look to their neighbors to the south and see that going all-in with the QB and trading picks worked for one SB title, anyway.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Yeah supposedly the report was shot down by someone inside the 49ers organization, whatever that means.
    What I saw was they were offering 3 R3 this year and a R1 next year, which sounds juicy until you realize with Rodgers that team is easily the favorite to win the NFC. They have tons of weapons on offense and a really good defense.

It won't happen though, I think a deal with NYJ happens sometime within 48 hours of draft night. Until then we all just wait and speculate.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They still haven’t got rid of that bitch? Shit the Niners are dream destination in my opinion. For the Packers. That way he can play just like he would’ve played if they had drafted him and threw his ass in the fire. Then he can get his ass booed out of the Bay Area.

Senior Rat Veteran TravisWilliams23's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind Debo and next years 1st pick for Rodgers. If the Jets insist on playing hardball, screw em.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisWilliams23 View Post
    I wouldn't mind Debo and next years 1st pick for Rodgers. If the Jets insist on playing hardball, screw em.
    But if you're the Niners this makes no sense. If you're trading for Rodgers, it's because you want to win now, this year. So you wouldn't trade one of your playmakers - you'd offer up a couple of those thirds, plus a first next year.

But it's all just smoke apparently, so it doesn't matter. As Run said, probably we all just need to wait until the draft to see if the Jets and Packers can get it done by then.

If they don't, then the farts will start getting lumpy, as my father used to say.

KYPack

The irony is moving on from ARod right now is they lit a fire under him and there are countless videos of him working out being posted daily by folks. Dude is going to ballllll out this season. NGL kinda hope it's for the Packers but we all know that ain't happening. 5th MVP is gonna be won this year though I suspect.

I wonder if Rodgers is going to start pushing these teams to get to work finalizing this deal. I'm sure he doesn't want the Jets to give up a ton, but he probably doesn't want to be traded for a ham sandwich either.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    The irony is moving on from ARod right now is they lit a fire under him and there are countless videos of him working out being posted daily by folks. Dude is going to ballllll out this season. NGL kinda hope it's for the Packers but we all know that ain't happening. 5th MVP is gonna be won this year though I suspect.
    Usually I'd say whatever it takes to get you motivated, but this need to feel slighted when you're a multi-MVP HOF QB whose team actually did want him back (but did not want him back as GM again) is a bit much to take sometimes. I wonder if the Packers ever consulted a psychologist to try to get some tips as to how to make Rodgers feel slighted by the rest of the league, but not by them. But I suppose when it became evident the Packers were not going to re-sign Lazard and Cobb and Tonyan and Lewis, Rodgers felt . . . wait for it . . . slighted.

KYPack

Perhaps this was the master stroke ruse by Gutes to get him to be full go and chippy coming into camp. At the last second they trade Love to the Jets for a 2nd.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Perhaps this was the master stroke ruse by Gutes to get him to be full go and chippy coming into camp. At the last second they trade Love to the Jets for a 2nd.
    The problem with this is that Rodgers would then only play with that classic chip on his shoulder against the Jets.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Usually I'd say whatever it takes to get you motivated, but this need to feel slighted when you're a multi-MVP HOF QB whose team actually did want him back (but did not want him back as GM again) is a bit much to take sometimes. I wonder if the Packers ever consulted a psychologist to try to get some tips as to how to make Rodgers feel slighted by the rest of the league, but not by them. But I suppose when it became evident the Packers were not going to re-sign Lazard and Cobb and Tonyan and Lewis, Rodgers felt . . . wait for it . . . slighted.
    Maybe his motivation PRIOR to this year SHOULD have been despite all his MVP's, he's only even played in 1 fucking SB. He should've already been motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I'd be absolutely leaping for joy if this happened, but I'm not holding my breath hahahaha.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

If the Packers really did ever take this to the point where they pay ARod to not play, I would view that as totally unacceptable. They made the choice to move on, so let the bird out of the cage already. There is no need to extract maximum value - if this guy is so valuable, why you movin' on in the first place?

I doubt it gets that far, but it seems like this should have been wrapped up long ago, no?

It wasn't that long ago that some ppl were saying Rodgers might end up being the NFL QB GOAT. (Before Brady's last Super Bowl win.) Now he's getting traded for 2nd or 3rd pick?

Fuck, the packers messed this situation up. He still had some luster in 2022. worth 2 first round picks. Now the undercarriage is rusted out.

If the Packers really did ever take this to the point where they pay ARod to not play, I would view that as totally unacceptable. They made the choice to move on, so let the bird out of the cage already. There is no need to extract maximum value - if this guy is so valuable, why you movin' on in the first place?

I doubt it gets that far, but it seems like this should have been wrapped up long ago, no?

Other than the uncertainty, there's not any real rush to get this done. If you can live with a bit of uncertainty, you could wait right up until the draft to try to extract maximum value, or even wait after that a bit Believe me, I'd like it to get done pronto, but I can't see any real reason they HAVE to get it done right away. The draft is one deadline, but even if that doesn't happen, they could sit tight. Though at that point you'd think there could be trouble on the horizon. For both sides.

KYPack