Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: What do the Packers get for Aaron Rodgers?

Good deal. Wow, hard to believe it's done. Gooter didn't want to face the press again without the deal

Dang, end of the era. It's hitting me hard. I feel old to have seen this shiz happen twice.

So a two spot move up, a pair of two and some later round picks change hands. Seems like a decent deal.

Could net a 1 next year, I wonder what the conditions are?

The Packers have traded quarterback Aaron Rodgers, the No. 15 pick in this year’s draft and a 2023 fifth-round pick to the Jets, league and team sources confirmed to The Athletic on Monday. Here’s what you need to know:

The Packers are getting the No. 13 pick in this year’s draft, a second-round pick, a sixth-round pick and a conditional 2024 second-round pick that can become a first-round pick, the sources said.
    The blockbuster trade ends Rodgers’ 18-year run in Green Bay that included a Super Bowl title and four NFL MVP awards.
    The move injects life into a Jets franchise starving for relevancy at quarterback and turns the page for a Packers franchise handing the keys to 24-year-old Jordan Love.

Good deal. The Love era now begins. Let’s make it 3 straight HOF starting QBs.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    So a two spot move up, a pair of two and some later round picks change hands. Seems like a decent deal.

Could net a 1 next year, I wonder what the conditions are?
    only has to play 65% of the snaps

sounds like a good deal

Hopefully this means they have a chance at Skoronski or Johnson to help the line and replace Bak next year.
    60% of the time it works every time.

not too excited about the swap, but whatever

FYI, that swap from 15 to 13 is worth about a high 4th round pick

I must be a really horrible person like some tend to say hahahahahaha. The long-expected disaster finally happened on my birthday of all times.

Oh well, it does seem like Gutekunst held out and got a fairly decent haul - the slight trade-up plus a second this year and at least a second, probably a first next year. As bad as this is IMO in general, it could have been worse in terms of return in the trade.

I guess all that remains for me is to do my best to get psyched up for next season and hope for the best. Love shouldn't be horrible, although I highly doubt he does near as good as Rodgers will for the Jets. The Packers do have a heluuva lot around him - just a year ago, it was generally expected that the Packers were the best team in the NFL or damn close to it. Other than Love instead of Rodgers, they still are that (other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?)

I told my grandson to include me in on splitting the Sunday Ticket cost anyway. We'll see what happens.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Sweet.

So nice to be done with that drama queen BS.

Let's see if Gooter can do anything with those picks.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Sweet.

So nice to be done with that drama queen BS.

Let's see if Gooter can do anything with those picks.
    Agreed, though the last sentence in your post kinda brings me back to earth on this trade.

Long live the king, the king is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Agreed, though the last sentence in your post kinda brings me back to earth on this trade.
    Yeah. I'm not sold on his talent evaluation yet.

Not sure if it's talent eval or player development but something is definitely off.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I must be a really horrible person like some tend to say hahahahahaha. The long-expected disaster finally happened on my birthday of all times.

Oh well, it does seem like Gutekunst held out and got a fairly decent haul - the slight trade-up plus a second this year and at least a second, probably a first next year. As bad as this is IMO in general, it could have been worse in terms of return in the trade.

I guess all that remains for me is to do my best to get psyched up for next season and hope for the best. Love shouldn't be horrible, although I highly doubt he does near as good as Rodgers will for the Jets. The Packers do have a heluuva lot around him - just a year ago, it was generally expected that the Packers were the best team in the NFL or damn close to it. Other than Love instead of Rodgers, they still are that (other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?)

I told my grandson to include me in on splitting the Sunday Ticket cost anyway. We'll see what happens.
    Happy Birthday Tex

One thing this does change, is that you can't wish terrible things on Rodgers, as we really want him to meet the 65% criteria. (Roughly 11 games + any playoffs).
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Once this is official - who gets the one thread to rule them all for all things ARod. Is MOBB still alive??

Love shouldn't be horrible, although I highly doubt he does near as good as Rodgers will for the Jets.
    IMO there is about a 5% chance Love is better than Rodgers this year, but I'd give him a 50/50 chance at being about 85% as good, at about 10% of the price.
    They should be competitive, but I think (as with Rodgers' first year) they fall short often and go something like 7-10. If JLove shows positive growth over the season that will be important.
    I'd guess 3 wins will separate the top from the bottom in the NFCN.

This is mostly a year of evaluating the roster, upgrading talent at neglected spots (e.g., TE) and fixing the salary cap.

Rodgers was an incredible QB for GB and gave some great NFL moments. Thanks AR and good luck.

Better than I hoped. I was thinking a second and a possible first next year if he did something great. We got the pick swap extra over what I was hoping and he only needs 65% playing time for it to be a first next year. Great deal, Gute!!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Well besides the flipping of first round picks, its pretty much the deal I had in my head. I figured next year there would be some sort of escalator of some sort based on Rodgers and or team production, the 65% of all snaps is actually pretty favorable to the Packers. I don't really trust Gute drafting abilities so I would hope they use the 13th pick to lure some team that want Levis or another QB that dropped to move back in the draft and acquire more picks.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    only has to play 65% of the snaps

sounds like a good deal
    Now I am rooting mightily for the Jets' offensive line to offer superb pass protection, and I am praying that Rodgers plays terribly. Nothing against him, but I'd like that second next year to become a first, and the higher the better.

Nothing against Rodgers. But I AM a Packer fan, not an Aaron Rodgers fan.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack