Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2023 NFL Draft Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    If Jaxon Smith Njigba is there at 13, screw trading down and grab him. If not, trading with Pitt and picking up a top TE sounds like a good strategy.

IMO he is the perfect fit for what our offense needs
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    IMO he is the perfect fit for what our offense needs
    I totally agree. As much as I like defense, I'd like to see them load up with talent like they did for ARod. Make it as easy as possible for the young QB the next few years.

I wouldn’t love or hate JSN, but I’d rather them get somebody like Myles Murphy in round 1, then Mingo or Tillman and the best available TE in round 2.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I wouldn’t love or hate JSN, but I’d rather them get somebody like Myles Murphy in round 1, then Mingo or Tillman and the best available TE in round 2.
    Mingo - bingo!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Mingo - bingo!
    I keep thinking of Mongo from Blazing Saddles.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Kuntz = 6’7” 255, 4.55 40, 1.57 10, 40” vert, 10’8” broad, 4.12 shuttle, 6.87 cone

Why settle?
    Gb supposedly likes him, but whoa is he raw. Watch film that isn't just highlights and you'll see someone who needs a lot of work. He might be able to give you some Gesicki-lite snaps early, but MIA didn't have a use for him this year, not sure MLF would.
    Maybe he can play flier on ST lol. Day 3 guy. A more athletic version of a guy they already have signed, Austin Allen.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Mingo - bingo!

We say the same thing every year. Hopefully we have learned our lessons from passing up quality in the past and have the opportunity to draft the best wr in the draft. Personally I don’t think he will be there at 13
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Based on factors and what the Packers are looking for in terms of size, production, and RAS score Offense.

QB - I would be surprised if the Packers take a QB higher than the 4th round

Clayton Tune Houston- 6'2.5" 220LBs
    I like his footwork in the pocket and his ability to keep his eyes down field. I trust his arm strength and accuracy. Strong sense of awareness in the pocket

Jake Haener Fresno 6'0" 207lbs
    Teams will probably pass on him because of his height, Age and possible arm strength but he can play QB at the next level due to his reasonably high IQ and high level athleticism and ability to make plays

Tyler Bagent Shepard 6'3" 215lbs
    Small school Division 2 kid with a strong arm and willingness to stand in the pocket to make the throws. Ideal height and size. Teams could shy away from him because of his pedigree.

Max Duggan TCU 6'2" 215lbs
    Sneaky athletic and leadership would be his two highest redeemable traits. He has average arm accuracy and needs to have a better football IQ but he can excel when throwing the ball downfield.

RB - Packers shouldn't reach high in the draft for a back, really no team should.

Chris Rodriquez Kentucky 6'0" 217lbs
    Prototypical size and has good burst and vision for what you are getting in a late round draft pick.

Roschon Johnson Texas 6'0" 220lbs
    Good frame and weight, and has decent acceleration for his size. For the most part he shared carries at Texas with Bijan Robinson.

Deneric Prince Tulsa 6'0" 216
    Great testing times and can run, sort of an all or nothing type back based on his production.

Evan Hull Northwestern 5'10" 209lb
    Zone scheme back that has above average vision, although he has higher than average test score doesn't exactly play with break away speed

FB/TE - Obviously the Packers have a need at this position and this draft has pretty decent value throughout the draft, the Packers want multiple TEs for different roles.

Darnell Washington Georgia 6'7" 268lbs
    His value as of right now is a blocker but demonstrated he has the physical attributes to get down the field and create match up problems for defenses.

Luke Musgrave Oregon St 6'6" 250
    Lean on film, not someone I would pay to run block 35 times a game but he can split the seam better than just about anyone in this draft. Probably the best receiving threat in the draft

Sam LaPorta Iowa 6'4" 250
    Doesn't have the exact height you are looking for, but he checks all the boxes

Payne Durham Purdue 6'6" 255
    Good frame and can make a living blocking and could be a rotational guy in both the run game and pass game. Team might shy away from his limited down field speed

Josh Whyle Cincy 6'6.5" 248
    Good height and can be a threat in the passing game. Needs to improve as an inline blocker. Could potential be a matchup issue for defenses

Zach Kuntz Old Dominion 6'7" 250
    Small school kid with big upside. 10.0 for a RAS score, not many kids his size can run a sub 4.6 forty. Can he play at the next level?

Brandon Strange Penn St 6'4"255
    Nothing great about Strange, but the Packers could find value in him late in the draft as a y-off blocker

Hunter Luepke North Dakota St 6'1" 230
    Obviously Harv loves him, but I watch a lot of NDSU and his injury really hurt their chances of repeating as national champions. He catches the ball decently out of the backfield and has a strong willingness to block. At NDSU it was blocking out of the halfback position for QB runs.

IOL - Intelligent and guys that can move their feet are important in picking up stunts in the pass game and coming off combo blocks and getting to the next level in the Packers zone running scheme

Joe Tippmann Wisconsin 6'6" 320
    Big athletic kid that mostly plays center but the Badgers moved guys around all year. Good communicator and has an anchor.

Cody Mauch NDSU 6'5" 305
    Sort of a nasty human being that can play inside or out at the next level. He will make hay as a run blocker and will have to polish his pass sets if he will play on the outside.

OT - Packers want length and athleticism and it will be interesting what they are willing to invest in terms of draft capital to get a future left or right tackle

Broderick Jones Georgia 6'4" 315
    I love his athleticism and if he is their at 13 I would struggle to not draft him and slot him in at right guard to start the 2023 season

Dawand Jones Ohio St 6'7" 345
    I honestly like him better than Paris Johnson. His size and movement make a no brainer in the second round

Matthew Bergeron Syracuse 6'6" 315
    Really good size and athleticism just played at a school trying to rise from the ashes

Tyler Steen Alabama 6'6" 322
    Good athleticism and can win even when his technique is below average. Has the ability to move inside

Warren McClendon Georgia 6'4" 305
    Athletic and solid build but will probably need to add weight regardless if he stays at tackle or moves inside

Blake Freeland BYU 6'8" 302
    Needs to add a bit of weight and really is only a tackle prospect at the next level, but I love his feet and his ability in the run game. If he is there in the 3rd round and the Packers need a tackle I wouldn't hesitate to take him.

Nick Broecker Ole Miss 6'4" 305
    Short arms might make it easier for him to move inside. Good lateral quickness and has the speed to get to the next level, needs to add weight and strength

Jake Witt Northern Michigan 6'7" 302
    Converted TE, so he has great testing numbers but he is a work in progress, but keep an eye out in the late rounds for him.

Joey Fischer Shepard 6'7"350
    Another small school prospect with good size and average feet. Another prospect that could start outside but find a home on the inside.

WR - Packers obviously have lost several guys over the last two years, they need to backfill guys that probably need to have the ability to contribute in 2023.

Rashee Rice SMU 6'1" 205
    Competes for 50/50 balls and can make spectacular catches. He has the size the Packers would like in the slot. He is moving up draft boards

Zay Flowers Boston 5'11" 180
    I like his do it all production I just don't like his size.

Marvin Mims Oklahoma 5'11" 185
    Like the speed and his route running, but he isn't going to add in the run game as a blocker.

Jonathon Mingo Ole Miss 6'2" 220
    I have talked about him before, but the size and strength is something the Packers shouldn't ignore looking for receivers in the second or third round. I don't think he will last till round 3 though.

Elijah Higgins Stanford 6'3" 235
    Matchup problems galore if he can prove he can run clean routes and separate from defenders. Lucky to have him in the 5th round

Bryce Ford-Wheaton W. Virginia 6'3" 224
    The size and speed ratio is off the chart but his ability and hands can be questioned at times, risk vs reward on his upside, might be worth a 4th round pick

Andrei Iosivas Princeton 6'3" 205
    Dudes from Princeton. Pretty decent athlete at a small school, he overwhelmed his competition at times in the Ivey League needs to demonstrate he can block at the next level

Puka Nacua BYU 6'2" 205
    Well built athlete with great effort and tenacity in all phases of the game. Excels as a deep perimeter target. Doesn't have maybe the lateral quickness or the breaks of the top end receivers in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    We say the same thing every year. Hopefully we have learned our lessons from passing up quality in the past and have the opportunity to draft the best wr in the draft. Personally I don’t think he will be there at 13
    I'd be ok with taking Mingo in R3 vs. JSN in R1. I'd be ok with JSN at 18 or 20 but 13 feels high to me. It's not a great WR class at the top but it's got depth. I'd rather they roll the dice at a spot where there's more positional value. Would love to see them trade down, pick up an extra Day 2 pick, take a OT and EDGE with 1st two picks and then get a 3 pass catchers (TE/WR). Darnell Wright, FAU from KSU, La Porta, Rashee Rice and Mingo?

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I keep thinking of Mongo from Blazing Saddles.
    Or Oingo Boingo.

At this point in the process, I've read so much from all of you about all these guys that it gets confusing. Is Isiah Foskey as good, or is he going to be as good, as Myles Murphy? Is Broderick Jones better than Darnell Wright? Can you get the same thing in the second round? Darnell Washington or Luke Musgrave or neither?

My head is spinning.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Based on factors and what the Packers are looking for in terms of size, production, and RAS score Defense

DT - Packers used high capital last year in the draft for a defensive tackle. They rely on a rotation as they are rarely in their base 3 down.

Jalen Carter Georgia 6'3" 310
    Scares the pants off of me. His game film is darn good, so good you don't care about the off the field stuff and his poor pro day. Better than the Wyatt was last year. If he fell to 13 I couldn't help myself and I would draft him.

Keeanu Benton Wisconsin 6'4" 315
    I have loved this kid since watching him wrestle in the state finals as a junior. If the Packers drafted him in the second round I would be happy although I would scratch my head because of other needs, but I think the sky is the limit with him, the comparison is Kenny Clark

Jaquelin Roy LSU 6'4" 305
    Good size and good athlete, he just really hasn't put it all together at the college level and he might not have the ability to do so. He could be a rotation guy just based on his size, I don't know how much draft capitol I would invest in him, maybe a 4th or 5th.

Byron Young Alabama 6'4" 292
    He isn't gonna wow anyone with his ability to get to the QB, but he is a quality run defender that will have to add 10-15 pounds to continue to hold up as a primary 1st or 2nd down guy in the NFL.

Zacch Pickens South Carolina 6'4 291
    He can create a push up the middle in the pass game, but will have to add weight and attitude to hold up in the run game. DT is light this year so he could maybe go as high as early 3rd round

Gervon Dexter Florida 6'6" 310
    Should be a first rounder with all of his ability and size. He has excellent get off and snap recognition, but his pad level kills him at times.

Jerrod Clark Costal Carolina 6'4" 335
    Converted TE which seems odd. If you need a run plugger than lines up over the center, he is your guy. Not technical with his pass rush but I would think he is raw, 3rd round would be favorable.

Edge/OLB - Packers are looking for difference makers with size and length.

Murphy, Wilson, or Anderson are no brainers if they fall to 13.

Nolan Smith Georgia 6'2" 238
    For one of the smaller edge players in this draft he is almost dominant in the run game. His speed and first step off the edge is elite. Some team that doesn't mind his height or arm length is gonna get a potentially game changing type player. For the Packers I don't think he has a chance of making it to pick 42

Keion White 6'5" 285
    I don't love the age, or the fact that he looks like a 4-3 defensive end, but the size, speed, and ability ratio gets your wheels turning on how he could be productive in the Packers scheme. Similar to Rashan Gary in size, but Gary was young when he was drafted and had the years to spend in seasoning, not sure White has that.

Isaiah Foskey Notre Dame 6'5" 265
    I like his get off and how he immediately threatens tackles in their pass set. He looks the part and fits what the Packers do on defense. I don't think he is worth the 13th pick in the draft, so you either trade back or hope he falls into the second round.

Colby Wooden Auburn 6'4" 273
    I loved him in the first 10 seconds of watching him. Great hips and hands. He does tend to get high and peek with his eyes. I would spend a second rounder on him, which may be a reach but I like his upside.

Nick Herbig Wisconsin 6'2" 240
    He has always seemed small as an outside linebacker, but his first step and snap get off may just be the best in the draft. He is a linebacker at the next level and will have to play off the ball if he is going to make a long term career on defense, but if you can get him in position to get after the QB his Havoc rate is off the chart. If a team falls in love with him I can see them spending a late 3rd on him, but you get the best value out of him as a 4th rounder

Robert Beal Jr Georgia 6'4" 245
    Aggressive player with high rev motor. I wish his production matched his motor, but his 40 time was quality but the rest of his testing not so much. He could go any where in the 3rd round to the 5th round.

Felix Anudike-Uzomah Kansas 6'3" 252
    Great motor and get off, loves to chase. He might be on the smaller side for the Packers, but that is splitting hairs. I think he is just scratching the surface. Sure fire second round pick

Tuli Tuipulotu USC 6'3" 265
    High end motor, that is young and will polish his edges within a couple of seasons. I would like to see better recognition off the ball and attack the blockers in the pass game. He does show the ability to drop into coverage and play in a two point stance.

LBs- I expect late picks in the draft for linebackers. I can't believe the Packers have fallen in love with Simpson, Campbell, or Sanders. Its just not deep with size or talent

Noah Sewell Oregon 6'1" 246
    He has the size but not the length, I don't know where he fits into this draft. maybe 4th round?

DeMarvion Overshown Texas 6'4" 225
    Has the length but not the size to make you fall in love with him, and his film is ok when he is running and in space. He might give you more than some of these guys in coverage.

Daiyan Henley Washington St 6'1" 225
    Good film, good number but his size is a huge question mark. He better be able to read and react before linemen can climb to the next level. Not sure where he fits with the Packers

Kyle Soelle Arizona St. 6'4" 240
    Very productive over 5 seasons as a Sun Devil. Down hill in the run game and has the size to draw interest from NFL teams. His 4.7 forty time is just ok.

Corners - Packers have their two or three guys especially depending on how Stokes comes back from injury. He wasn't having a stellar season up to that point anyways. Rasul Douglas could be replaced.

Kyu Blue Kelly Stanford 6' 191
    Good man coverage, not a specifically dynamic athlete in testing but he is a solid coverage corner, worth at least 3rd round pick

Julius Brents Kansas St 6'3 205
    Kids got size and can jump. I question tall corners ever since Kevin King, but his film is ok and he is 6'3'. Needs to be more physical with his jams and he has to be to open and close his hips faster. Good run support. 4th round? Might go higher because of his physical traits.

DJ Turner Michigan 5'11" 178
    size is a concern but the dude can run. High ceiling with that speed and you really hope it transitions to the NFL. NFL corners take advantage of mistakes and catch up speed is nice but it's not as effective in the NFL as it is in College. Packers could have a high interest in him because of his ceiling and testing numbers. 2nd round pick is going to be what it takes to get him.

Kelee Ringo Georgia 6'2" 205
    He is going to have to drop to the second round for the Packers to have any interest. His vertical speed and coverage is probably best in this class, but he struggles in his breaks and angles on routes underneath.

Jakorian Bennett Maryland 5'11" 188
    He played all over the secondary for the Terps. he can play corner, nickel and even deep safety. That is were his upside is in the NFL. Can he adapt and play in the slot or on the outside. Mid to late round possible steal

Darrell Luter Jr Southern Alabama 6'0" 190
    Small school prospect that has some great times in the underwear Olympics. He is a fast twitch athlete that will make it in the NFL if he can excel in man coverage. He is also aggressive in the run game and gets after receivers after the catch. He could be a fine steal in this draft if he lasts to the 3rd day

Terrell Smith Minnesota 6'1" 205
    Size and speed is his drawing power. Late round pick that could end up being something.

Safety - very little depth in this class and the Packers need at least one solid player out of this draft and if they can get two all the better.

Jordan Battle Alabama 6'1" 209
    Battle has the size the Packers are looking for, but his testing numbers are just above average. He is true cover 3 safety that can deliver a blow on receivers crossing in front of him. He needs to do better getting in the alley against the run game and offering support. Packers might have to hope he drops to them in the 3rd round or use one of their two second round picks on him.

Antonio Johnson Texas A&M 6'2" 198
    Didn't blow scouts away at the combine which was a head scratcher as he is able to show off good man to man skills over the slot and run with receivers. Good size and traits you want. I have no idea where he falls in this draft.

JL Skinner Boise St. 6'3" 220
    Hurt and doesn't have many if any testing numbers. Big run support player and does show the ability to cover. Size like that doesn't last long in this draft.

AJ Finely Ole Miss 6'3" 205
    He has the length and is a solid player in coverage, but seems to have a lean frame and struggles in run support. low round value that could turn into a steal

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post

Zach Kuntz Old Dominion 6'7" 250
    Small school kid with big upside. 10.0 for a RAS score, not many kids his size can run a sub 4.6 forty. Can he play at the next level?
    theres your pick. just so pea brained idiots can yell, KUUUUUUUUNTZ, everytime he's on the field

Hope all the good ones don’t get picked and all that’s left is top corners. We need a big guy.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Just watched Lukas Van Ness. Looks like a 21 year old Preston Smith. Preston is really good in coverage for a guy his size. I doubt Van Ness has that talent, but as a pass rusher, felt like I was watching Preston.

A 21 year old Preston wouldn’t be a waste of a pick, but I guess at 13 id like more.

I watched Nolan Smith. At that size, id like to see more burst off the edge, but he was more physical than you’d expect at 238. Don’t love him either.

Not in love with Myles Murphy, Van Ness or Nolan Smith. I don’t know if edge is it this year.

I think they’re all good players, but I’d like a super star.

I liked Tyree Wilson the most. I like his explosiveness for his size coming off of blocks or attacking an edge. But the competition wasn’t quite as hard as the other guys faced so maybe that skews it. But he looks to have a little more burst than Murphy or Van Ness.

Braden Smith plays pretty well at tackle with 32.5” arms. It’s rare to be a solid NFL tackle with less than 33.5” arms though. Skoronski plays natural and clean at LT in college. But historically, there just aren’t great tackles with arms that short so maybe he’ll just be above average at tackle. Hate to waste a top 13 pick on an above average player even if it is a premium position.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Hope all the good ones don’t get picked and all that’s left is top corners. We need a big guy.
    But if the draft falls so that the guys Guter covets are gone, I could see him try to trade down, and if that doesn't pan out, just take a corner if he's rated head and shoulders above the next guys on Guter's board.

I won't be thrilled, but I'd be okay with it. You can never have enough of those guys, and maybe that'd spark the Packers to ask Douglas to move to safety. Then you don't have to draft a mediocre safety higher than you probably should've.

KYPack

are we on the board yet?