I'm going to move from D backfield thru O backfield, so next up for me is Rudy Ford. I think By midseason Rudy will be starting at safety opposite Douglas. He is the most willing tackler of the entire defensive backfield, runs a 4.4 and seems to have the most desire. Guys like that find a way to succeed. He was hit and miss on defense last year, but flashed potential and for a guy who went undrafted he didn't look overwhelmed. We have a lot of pedestrian safeties accumulated, but I think Ford has a little Nick Collins in him. A guy who has flashed the potential but failed to put it all together. I like my safeties to be built like a slight RB and Ford fits the mold. Owens would be the wildcard in all this. He has also gone from UDFA to starter in his short career, but he is more like a stopgap guy. Like if no one else emerges at all he may be serviceable. I rewatched a few texans games from last year (its painful) and he never stands out. Then again I didn't see him trailing in coverage as if he was late to his assignment either. You can field a good defense with him, but he would have to be the weakest link.

Ford is my bet to be the best safety on the team by seasons end and a guy we all are happy to have.