Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-season 2023 Banjo

If you aren't signed by now, there are two overlapping reasons:

(1) you're holding out for a team to have an injury or some desperation to sign you, or
    (2) you aren't worth the asking price, which for some might be the vet minimum.

Consider that Tyler Davis and Dallin Leavitt have contracts but Amos and Lewis don't, there are reasons for that.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post

(1) you're holding out for a team to have an injury or some desperation to sign you, or

Consider that Tyler Davis and Dallin Leavitt have contracts but Amos and Lewis don't, there are reasons for that.
    Devondre Campbell was signed June 9. Rasul Douglas October 6. Ya never know.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Amos probably thinks he's worth more than minimum. Lewis is pushing 40. He's done.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Ohhhh film study of "the sacred cow" that most of us think is actually a top tier LT:
    https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...ys-jets-titans

He's still got it. Question is whether his knee will hold up on turf and over 17+ games. If he and Jenkins are back to form (and they should be) the left side of the OL should be very good.
    I'd take him over Marshall Newhouse any day.

Ohhhh film study of "the sacred cow" that most of us think is actually a top tier LT:
    https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...ys-jets-titans

He's still got it. Question is whether his knee will hold up on turf and over 17+ games. If he and Jenkins are back to form (and they should be) the left side of the OL should be very good.
    I'd take him over Marshall Newhouse any day.
    They mention his hands. If Yosh had those hands he would be better than Bak. You would think someone would take him aside every practice and work those hands until the bleed.

That out of the way, Bak is still elite when healthy (meaning the NFL has decided when he does it, its not holding). Given his age, and the teams options and place, trading him makes total sense. Start Yosh and Tom at the tackles. As things stand, I feel like the packers are just waiting for an injury to get Tom in the lineup. We aren't winning the Owl this year. Get a 2nd for Bak and move on.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Yosh is a good swing tackle. Nothing more. Bahk is so good because he has great feet and great balance. Two things that no one will ever say about
    Nijman.

I'm sure the haters are gonna do what they do best, spew hate, but I'll say it anyway: I watched that whole damn video link, and I still wasn't impressed. First of all, they really only cherry-picked a few plays and played them over and over. And even on those, Bakhtiari didn't look particularly special. Of course, he's better than Marshall House - who was so noticeably bad as to be the exception - but I would suggest Bakhtiari's mediocrity even in the video especially set up to showcase him was no better than a helluva lot of other OTs, Packers and otherwise. Another thing the video showed was that some of these where Bakhtiari was supposedly standing out were not really successful. Conversely, the Packers had MANY plays, Rodgers passes, Jones runs, etc. where Bakhtiari was not even a part of making them work. In many of those, the whole O Line did very little - just Rodgers getting rushed badly and making something out of nothing.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Yosh is a good swing tackle. Nothing more. Bahk is so good because he has great feet and great balance. Two things that no one will ever say about
    Nijman.
    Do you watch football? Yosh has incredible feet. He is much more than a good swing tackle. He will get a starters contract after this season unless he became content and regressed. Yosh is already a legit starting tackle. Not top tier like Bak, but much more than a swing tackle. And as I've pointed out, if the NFL decides its holding Bak is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'm sure the haters are gonna do what they do best, spew hate, but I'll say it anyway: I watched that whole damn video link, and I still wasn't impressed. First of all, they really only cherry-picked a few plays and played them over and over. And even on those, Bakhtiari didn't look particularly special. Of course, he's better than Marshall House - who was so noticeably bad as to be the exception - but I would suggest Bakhtiari's mediocrity even in the video especially set up to showcase him was no better than a helluva lot of other OTs, Packers and otherwise. Another thing the video showed was that some of these where Bakhtiari was supposedly standing out were not really successful. Conversely, the Packers had MANY plays, Rodgers passes, Jones runs, etc. where Bakhtiari was not even a part of making them work. In many of those, the whole O Line did very little - just Rodgers getting rushed badly and making something out of nothing.
    Rodgers did manage to make a losing season out of a really good roster if thats what you are referring to.

I tend to think injuries did that hahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I tend to think injuries did that hahahahaha.
    You tend to make excuses for Rodgers, similar to the way some blame him for the sky being blue.

Uh, yeah. Does that mean you disagree?

Bert Farve won 10 games with a broken thumb in 2003, why couldn't Rodgers win at least 9? Clearly not even the GOAT Packer, never mind GOAT QB.

Bert Farve won 10 games with a broken thumb in 2003, why couldn't Rodgers win at least 9? Clearly not even the GOAT Packer, never mind GOAT QB.
    They only won 8 when Favre broke his thumb in 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    They only won 8 when Favre broke his thumb in 1999.
    This is true.

They also had Ray Rhodes as HC.
    Good DC, bad HC. I'd also say their 2022 roster was better than the 1999 roster.

Injuries happen, especially as QBs age.
    If you aren't healthy enough to play well maybe you should sit for a week to give the thumb time to heal? Rodgers wasn't trying to milk some consecutive games streak.

This is true.

Good DC, bad HC. I'd also say their 2022 roster was better than the 1999 roster.

If you aren't healthy enough to play well maybe you should sit for a week to give the thumb time to heal? Rodgers wasn't trying to milk some consecutive games streak.
    Here's another thought. If you're struggling with accuracy due to an injury, how about making more of the easy and short throws?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Here's another thought. If you're struggling with accuracy due to an injury, how about making more of the easy and short throws?
    Nah. MOF is where the Alex Smiths of the world throw. Gotta prove you're better than Alex Smith, even if he retired years ago without a ring.
    Besides, everyone loves those YOLO deep sideline throws when they make the highlights on Sportscenter, who care if they connect at less than 50% and you check out of a run on 3rd and 2.

Yeah, maybe Jonesy should have gotten the ball more.

(Yes, I'm just having a little fun. He was a great QB)

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Rodgers missed a bunch of those short throws as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Rodgers missed a bunch of those short throws as well.
    Ya. I think that further highlights there was a need to change the approach or rest and get healthy.

This is true.

The Favre injury and the Brian Williams injury dropped the Packers out of the playoffs more than Rhodes did. Both Favre and Rodgers should have sat for the good of the team.