Thread: WIDE UNFILTERED.....some interesting info during a boring offseason

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    No comments in here about Rodgers reworking his Jets contract to help the team and stating (as I always thought) that he intends to play multiple more years?

My expectation is that Rodgers will play MVP level or near it, but that the Jets will founder anyway - not much if any above mediocrity.
    It hurts my brain, but yeah, it looks like two years of fully guaranteed roster bonuses (and a little salary to stay honest) that get spread out over five years, but could drop on the salary cap like an anvil on years three (2025 season), four, or five -- whenever Rodgers decides to stop playing. The $37.5m salary in 2025 is more or less a placeholder, because if he wants to play QB another season, they'll rework it and extend him longer.

As someone who's never cared much about the AFC, my question has always been: when are the Jets going to play up to the sum of their parts? I've read a lot of articles that this year's team has a lot of talent in the offensive skill positions and pass rush, but every year, the coaching staff can't turn talent into wins. Plus they've always had one or two Super Bowl favorites in their division gatekeep them from the postseason. That's going to be the case this year with the Bills' coaching and the Dolphins' speed. Aaron's going to have to get some uphill division wins to get in the playoffs.
    Last edited by NewsBruin; 07-27-2023 at 12:31 AM.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.