Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
Tex - The Jets were a very good team with a league worst QB last year who roughed up a Packers team badly.

This year they added your self proclaimed GOAT, and you think they're going to be mediocre? Which is it, Rodgers makes a team great or what?
Ridiculous. Rodgers even at age 40 is better than Zach Wilson or anyone else they have at QB this year or last year. They are an upgrade at the most important position, so in theory they should be better.
They won't be sneaking up on anybody, they have a tough division, and expectations are high. They might be drinking their own kool aid, they might get hit by injuries, lots of things can happen.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to win more than 7 games, but anyone who expects them to be the top seed is very optimistic. Good defense, have some playmakers on offense, but their OL has issues and they're still the Jets.
I could very easily see some team blitz the hell out of Rodgers and put him out 4-6 weeks with a broken ayahuasca and a concussion...he's not great against the blitz anymore and at 40 is much more brittle. That aside, I'd put them down for 9-10 wins and in the hunt for a WC spot. More than that is tough to imagine with 6 games against the Bills, Dolphins and Belichicks, plus games against the Eagles, Chiefs and Chargers. Their ceiling is 12 wins IMO. The AFC is tough.