Again with the weird speculation about what's in Rodgers' head. He's gone now as far as the Packers are concerned, and I like many don't give a damn about him other than the 65% of course. But this is stupid - this idea that any of us or the God damned media shitheads for that matter - have any clue about his thinking. As for what is or isn't good for offenses, it's laughable that any of us - or the God damned media shitheads - have a clue about that either. The McCarthy/Hackett style that Rodgers allegedly prefers brought the Packers huge success for a long long time. The Shanahan/McVay and presumably LaFleur style is another way of doing things that has had some success - I'd argue no more than McCarthy's. Rodgers allegedly bucked the system and continued McCarthyism (no politics intended hahahaha) under LaFleur. Until last year, when injuries thoroughly fucked things up, that melding worked pretty damn great.

Somewhere in the mix of success or not success Joe Barry's defense too.

I don't pretend to know more about offense (or defense) than the rest of ya'all. My two points, however, are: the professionals of the coaching staff as well as Rodgers himself certainly do, AND the record over the years is what it is.

I say all this in the context that I thoroughly expect the Packers to have a lot better year the Jets. However, I do NOT expect that to result from any mental or physical failings of Rodgers, just because the Packers have a lot better team overall than the Jets. Love bombing out could change that, but I increasingly don't expect him to bomb out.