He has plenty of arm talent. His accuracy is good, but not great. I’m not sure he will ever be great in that category, so I think the real question when it comes to Love is how well he can use his athleticism to make plays. As he gains comfort in the pocket, will he have that knack for taking off and picking up 8 yards, or escaping the pocket to extend a play.

The one thing that Love has going for him is a very talented, albeit young, set of receivers and TEs. If these guys all develop like they should, it will make Love’s job a hell of a lot easier. Watson has the talent to be the best WR on the team since Sharpe. Musgrave can be the impact TE that Rodgers rarely had. Reed appears to be an even more athletic Donald Driver. On top of that, you have Doubs and Kraft as well who could become solid starting caliber players. If Love can learn how to master the pocket and extend plays or pick up first downs on occasion with his legs, he has more than enough talent around him to create an elite offense.

He won’t be as good as Favre or Rodgers, but I think he could become an elite (top 8) starter for 5-7 years. For this year, 3500 yards passing and 2/1 TD to INT ratio is what I’m looking for. If he can produce that in year one, he will be a keeper to build on for the next decade.