Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
They just flat-out released Jonathan Ford? That's a surprise - they carried him all last year on the 53 and he didn't play a snap, then had what was supposedly a good pre-season this year.

That's a head-scratcher.

I'm guessing the new safety they picked up is a far better ST player than Tariq Carpenter, and in his brief time as an inside linebacker Carpenter must not have shown enough for them to go through any special teams growing pains.

The new tight end is not a surprise.

I'm curious what they'll do to lose another guy off the current 53, since they seem to have dropped Carpenter and Ford. I'm going to guess Tenuta goes on IR. That's a lot of linemen they have. Unless they get weird and try to trade Nijman.

That was a head-scratcher, that article about the Pack being interested in Taylor. Why pay a back big money when you've got such a young team? Weird.
I thought Ford started out strong but tailed off a bit. He wasn't very good against Seattle.

Gute said in his PC they won't be at 11 OL very long. Like you said, Tenuta likely to IR.

I doubt they were close to a deal for Jonathan Taylor. Just not the way they do business.

The Tight End is someone they had in for a pre-draft visit. They tried to sign him as an UDFA.