Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
I suppose I should have specified it to begin with hahahaha - so nice to have a God damned truth squad.

I remember the very first Packer/Vikings game, also Tarkenton's first game vs he Packers because it was my Confirmation Day - I had a bad look on all the pictures because I was getting called away from watchng the game (a 37-13 win as I recall - I suppose somebody will look that one up too hahahaha). In those days and for the rest of the Lombardi era, he did that scrambling thing a lot like Fields now. It was frustrating to watch, but since ya'all like to look things up, maybe check how many times we beat him in those early years. Sure, Tarkenton overlapped into the Bengtson years and maybe beyond, and he probably was still around when the damned Vikings got to and blew the Super Bowl (you can check that one too hahahaha).

The point being, when I said "back in the day" (if I said that), I meant when Tarkenton was at the stage of his career that Fields is now.
People who hold you just a l-e-e-e-t-l-e bit accountable for the crap you throw around sometimes?

You might not like it, but it matters.