Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Week 1 Other Games Thread

Blog Entries
    You heard it here first dept....

Next year we play the AFC East in Lambeau for our AFC games. 2 games that is

Chance it could be the Jets, Kids?

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    And the fucking dumb ass doesn’t even have a friend of more than two years. What the hell is he gonna do after football? He’s such a moron. 3 plays in a row clutching the ball like a dumb ass. How the fuck did he last this long?
    Careful. That fool is gonna want you to wash your mouth with soap too hahahaha.

Traitor to the Packers that he is, and I hate him for it, Rodgers is highly intelligent (I'm not being sarcastic) and an excellent speaker. He'd be a far better football commentator than pretty much anyboy out there now. And of course, he likely will have a wide range of options outside of the football world.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    You heard it here first dept....

Next year we play the AFC East in Lambeau for our AFC games. 2 games that is

Chance it could be the Jets, Kids?
    For it to be the Jets, Packers and Jets have to finish in the same place in their division. I think Jets will have a hard time staying out of the AFCE basement, even with their win tonight.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    For it to be the Jets, Packers and Jets have to finish in the same place in their division. I think Jets will have a hard time staying out of the AFCE basement, even with their win tonight.
    That's only for the two NFC divisions we don't do the full tour with. The 17-game schedule is:

6 division games
    4 against one NFC division (2023 - NFC South)
    4 against one AFC division (2023 - AFC West)
    2 against similar-ranked NFC division opponents (2023 - Giants, Rams)
    1 bonus AFC game for glory and broadcast revenue (2023 - Steelers)
    Last edited by NewsBruin; 09-11-2023 at 11:43 PM.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nice start job knocking the mailman off his delivery route. He’s been way too arrogant lately anyways. I didnt want to be the one to tell him he was wrong again. Pretty much a 50-50 chance iat home or in New York but I’m guessing the NFL would schedule it to be at Lambeau for the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Nice start job knocking the mailman off his delivery route. He’s been way too arrogant lately anyways. I didnt want to be the one to tell him he was wrong again. Pretty much a 50-50 chance iat home or in New York but I’m guessing the NFL would schedule it to be at Lambeau for the drama.
    If yer into NFL conspiracies (like Inner Earth and Reptile People), you'd have them schedule the game at Lambeau just late enough for 8 to have finished rehab and early enough not to quit or blow it out again.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Rodgers is done for the year and possibly forever.

Hope the Jets don't steal McGough, who is probably better than Wilson.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 09-12-2023 at 12:23 AM.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

I'm incredibly depressed about Rodgers getting hurt.

I tore my Achilles in '21 and I did the same move, where I wanted to take a step, realized I couldn't, then just sat my ass down.

There is a reason the Green Bay Packers offensive line is so good. It was to protect Rodgers. But he got all worked up over the team picking Love…doing the prudent thing for the franchise long term just in case. His own hubris caused this, and I don’t feel sorry for him at all. Too much ego, not enough common sense.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    You are wrong. They alternate home and away against the AFC division opponents. We played the East in 2022, last year. Won’t get the Jets until 2026 unless we get them in the 17th game calculation
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Yeah we just played AFCE last year, I think it's AFCN next year?

As for Rodgers, tough news. He had a calf injury during TC, wonder if that contributed to it. As others have said, an Achilles means he's done for the year and possibly for good. I don't wish injury or misfortune on him. If this is it - and I doubt it is - he had a hell of a career.
    Personally I think he'll rehab like crazy and make that his weirdo thing. Not quite Russell Wilson rehab weird, but close. He's got that shoulder chip along with the diva mentality, seems like he'll give it a go...plus he can tell anyone who listens that it proved a multi year commitment to the NYJ.

I do think a serious injury like that is inevitable for any QB approaching 40. Very few last that long, and basically everyone who plays in the NFL gets a serious injury. Zach Wilson is not a great QB and GB should expect a top half R2 pick next year.

Also - is the Josh Allen is a great QB actually true or hype?

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    You are wrong. They alternate home and away against the AFC division opponents. We played the East in 2022, last year. Won’t get the Jets until 2026 unless we get them in the 17th game calculation
    I think Rodgers is going to rehab like a madman, and the NFL will use that 17th game scheduling option thing you mention as their way to schedule Packers-Jets during the middle or maybe the latter part of the season. If there’s money to be made, the NFL will figure out how to make it.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    ?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    We had the Jets at Lambeau Field last year.

In 2026, we play in NJ.
    In 2030, we play @ Lambeau

Only way to play in a different year is the 17th game match up.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I didn't read KyPack's post close enough. The Packers can play the Jets, and if they do it will be at Lambeau:

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/...gainst-rodgers

When the NFL added a 17th game to the schedule, it created an additional AFC-NFC matchup. As part of the schedule rotation, the NFC North will host the AFC East in 2024, with the first-place team playing the first-place team, the second-place team facing the second-place team and so on.

So, if the Packers and Jets finish in the same spot in the standings in 2023, they’d meet in Green Bay in 2024. That’s not totally absurd.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

My expert keyboard opinion is that Rodgers did NOT rupture his achilles. He got off the cart and limped in the tunnel. Guys with a ruptured achilles don't even limp in my experience. Of course I said guys whose heart stops after a blow to the chest don't stand up and take 2 steps before collapsing and Hoosier corrected me with a study saying Pigs can do it so I could be wrong.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Joe posted a link to an instado with a podcast or site and he claims it could be achilles or it could be a lesser, but related, thing that is not so serious. Guess we'll know by Wednesday or so latest.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Confirmed it is, indeed, torn. Out for the year, and possibly forever.

There goes the 65%. I forgot the terms of the trade, is it only the second in '24 or is there another second in '25?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

2023 2nd
    2024 2nd

That’s what we got since he’s done.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.