Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL AARON RODGERS THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

But I have zero empathy for fans talking shit and then someone rubs it in their face when they’re wrong. To me, everyone should be capable of taking flack when they talk shit or they shouldn’t be talking shit. I laugh guilt free when these people are butt hurt. I laugh at their pain and feel good about it.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

And guys pushing jaire or smacking him…. I never feel angry about that. Dude is a great player and he’s hilarious at trolling. He has it coming. He knows he’s gonna get smacked. That’s part of the fun. He’s still in their head and messes up their focus. He’s winning even when he gets punched.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    The Jets oline is bad and would have been holding that team back, however this was an unfortunate freak jnjury. Wonder if he plays next season.
    Ron Wolf would have protected him.
    C.H.U.D.

I never cheered for Rodgers to get hurt, but I also will feel no sympathy for the guy. It was his decision to not move into retirement when he was seriously considering it. It was his decision to move on to a team with one of the worst OLs in the NFL. It was his decision to not learn to throw the ball more quickly as he aged like Tom Brady did. The bright lights of NYC were a siren call that he could not resist, and his boat crashed against the rocks. Much worse happens to people every day who don’t have the financial security of Aaron Rodgers. I’ll feel sympathy for them instead.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

From Milwaukee channel 56, Jack's American Bar successful/failed experiment of covering everyone's tab when Rodgers starts and loses.

https://twitter.com/davehill77/statu...LIbfHS07A&s=19
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

I wanted to see how he did this year, but the timing of this injury is too crazy for me not to crack a smile.

Take the 2nd round pick and never look back.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    I wanted to see how he did this year, but the timing of this injury is too crazy for me not to crack a smile.
    Going into my senior year of high school I trained my ass off, I looked like Tarzan. I was gonna be a real football player. In the first 10 seconds of the first practice I blew my knee out running thru those rope drills. THe assistant coach who drove me to the hospital looked at me like I was a shame to Manhood everywhere as I cried in the car. He didn't realize I was crying about the crushing disappointment of losing my Rocky dream. 8 months of grueling work in the toilet. It's OK for a real man to cry when his dog dies or his horse dies or he loses his chance of manly glory.

AROD seemed to take his disaster better.

hope it was all worth it for him, the way he left and burned his bridges on his way out, then pissing on those ashes, and then shitting on those pissy ashes by being mr. teammate, and playing in the preseason and saying how he needs to simplify things for his recievers.

alienating all those fans, for 3 fucking plays

are the jets fans going to still treat him like he walks on water after giving them just 3 plays? nope

a rods ego is going to take the biggest hit, losing 2 fan bases like he did

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thats a good point red.

He got off easy, has an excuse and the money. Would have preferred to see the mfer abused for a few games and some new choke job stories that didnt include the Packers.

I once again repeat some real sick fucks in and karma is very real. Who would wish an injury on anyone? What kind of parents did y'all have? Jesus H.

Wishing an injury on a player is... yeah, I'll just say it's not ok.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I once again repeat some real sick fucks in and karma is very real. Who would wish an injury on anyone? What kind of parents did y'all have? Jesus H.
    Karma is not real. Its something we tell each other to try and make us all behave. I don't feel sorry for a man who lived the dream and now has a couple hundred million banked. I'm not happy either. I wanted a 1st round pick.

I was ready to trade him when he didn't try and run the ball into the endzone against Tampa Bay. I felt he had largely checked out from football then already. He's human. I'm sure everyone here (especially me) is noble in all things and never selfish or petty. Not glad he is hurt. Not sad he is gone. Wish he had made it 65% of the plays.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Karma is not real. Its something we tell each other to try and make us all behave.
    Agreed with you regarding karma.

A few months ago, a dealer mishandled the house’s chips at the table where I was grinding at 1-3 and was short $20 upon a dealer switch. I was in a $600 hole for that session but still threw 4 $5 chips towards the new dealer to reconcile the shortage. If karma was real, I would never be in the 5k downswing I currently am on at this moment.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Thats a good point red.

He got off easy, has an excuse and the money. Would have preferred to see the mfer abused for a few games and some new choke job stories that didnt include the Packers.
    This, and what Bobble wrote, is where I'm at with it all. I wanted Rodgers to play at least 65% of the snaps, but play like his play has been trending - hanging on to the ball, pumping, waiting, never throwing over the middle, then launching a hopeless long shot down the sidelines, or throwing it away, and finally abusing his receivers afterward when it doesn't work out. Then have the Jest finish with a shitty record so the Packers could have a good, high #1 draft pick - because I am a Packers' fan.

That's what I wanted. But what we got was the harsh reality of a 39 year old quarterback + weak offensive line (though to be fair the play seems to have been called as a short, quick throw, so the tackle's cut block is understandable) + artificial turf = bad news bears.

What surprised me most about my reaction is the disappointment. I think I was looking forward to watching the season-long Aaron Rodgers drama unfold in NY - like Mad said, the cleverly shifting blame, the sporadic great throws sandwiched between throwing the ball away and heaving hopeless sidline bombs, the restlessness of Jets' fans as the drama unfolds and they realize he's not quite what they thought, especially with that weak offensive line. I didn't realize I was looking forward to watching all that from afar, and also hoping it'd result in a high #1 draft pick.

But it was not to be. I don't think anyone guessed it would end so soon.

I do think the guy's going to bust his ass to come back some time next season. He loves those chips on his shoulders, and now he's really, really got something to prove.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I was expecting Rodgers to have an excellent season personally but the Jets floundering anyway. Oh well. It doesn't bother me in the least that it turned out this way - except for the 65% thing, of course. I also was really thinking Rodgers would play at least 3-5 more excellent years, to at least the age Brady did. That still could happen, but it's not very unlikely, many saying he won't come back at all. I'm fine with that too.

Childish or whatever it might be hahahahaha, but my outlook is, if we can't have him, then hopefully nobody can.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I also was really thinking Rodgers would play at least 3-5 more excellent years
    I was surprised to read that AR is the oldest active player in the NFL. His retirement next year was entirely possible even without the injury. We saw the last two seasons that Rodgers has lost his legs, even if his deep-ball arm is still among the best. Brady was a freak.

What really surprised me was how out of sync Rodgers and the Jets Oline were. The tackles were doing cut blocks expecting that it would be a quick pads, and Rodgers was searching for just the right pass. Rodgers was hit on all three drop backs. Even if his foot hadn't stuck in the turf, he would have been lucky to last 65% of the snaps in that game.

While many are reading Rodgers last rites on his career, he really needs a priest to teach him the rhythm method.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    What really surprised me was how out of sync Rodgers and the Jets Oline were. The tackles were doing cut blocks expecting that it would be a quick pads, and Rodgers was searching for just the right pass. Rodgers was hit on all three drop backs. Even if his foot hadn't stuck in the turf, he would have been lucky to last 65% of the snaps in that game.

While many are reading Rodgers last rites on his career, he really needs a priest to teach him the rhythm method.
    Good one there, Mad, I must confess.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I was expecting Rodgers to have an excellent season personally but the Jets floundering anyway. Oh well. It doesn't bother me in the least that it turned out this way - except for the 65% thing, of course. I also was really thinking Rodgers would play at least 3-5 more excellent years, to at least the age Brady did. That still could happen, but it's not very unlikely, many saying he won't come back at all. I'm fine with that too.

Childish or whatever it might be hahahahaha, but my outlook is, if we can't have him, then hopefully nobody can.
    It won't happen because unlike Brady Rodgers wasn't smart enough to understand that as you get older you need to avoid hits by getting rid of the ball on time. All of Rodgers' serious injuries, the 2 collarbones and this were from hits on off-schedule plays.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

As I recall, Brady had one or more injuries more serious than anything Rodgers had. And regardless of that the sacred cow worshipers think, Brady always had better pass blocking than Rodgers.

I agree, it likely won't happen now (even that I wouldn't rule out just yet), but before this Achilles injury, I stand by the idea that Rodgers could have and maybe would have played to the same age as Brady did - give or take a year or so.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?