Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
The 1st time I agree with one of your posts. I was starting to feel okay with this team's development and then this turd comes along. I cannot remember the last time I had to turn off a game at halftime. I say fire him today, how much worse can the d play and I am being dead serious, is Jim Leonhard still available?

IIRC he took a job as a consultant or something for the U of Illinois football team?
Either way, it's EXTREMELY unlikely they would can their DC after 4 games and bring someone new in to try and teach a new scheme. That would be a big disruption and probably not improve things soon enough to make any difference. Also, it's Barry's last year on his contract. They know it's a youngish team (not as much on defense) and they're just going to ride it out with Barry for the year.

It's interesting, special teams coaches used to be the ones everyone hated... nowadays it's the DCs. The rules have been altered to favor the offenses so I think they are at a bit of a disadvantage. If get a genius as your DC, you're probably losing them to be hired away as a HC, and you're left hating who you get next.