Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
Favre and Rodgers had won SBs and MVPs by the time GMs changed. I'd say it's uncommon for a QB to survive a GM change but it does happen.

Barring injury or continued dropoff in performance (based on games 1 to 5) Love is your starter this year and at least half of next year. MLF gets this year and next to show team development and growth or he could be out. I'm not sure how long his contract goes, but that could be a factor.

Love's accuracy (or lack thereof) is a concern for me, I haven't seen enough but the signs are there that he's probably not a good long term answer as a franchise QB you want to fork over $30M+ per year for. I think they draft a QB next year and have him sit and learn and then hopefully start (or present a good challenge) in 2025. If they get cap solvent by 2025 - as they should - they could also be players in FA or trade for a veteran QB who has worn out his welcome elsewhere.

MLF seems like he has a good offensive mind and I think he's a smart guy, but I wonder if he's more a scheme teacher than a fundamentals and details guy that a young team might need. Some of his game planning is not great either.
Ask yourself - how many draft picks have actually improved under MLF, and how many were just good from the get-go and either plateaued or got worse since rookie year? GB is a draft-and-develop team- they need a GM who can draft talent, and coaches who can develop that talent into good players.

MLF's seat should be safe this year, but both his and Love's will be very warm next year. I think the expectations are low this year but go up considerably next year, and by 2025 a SB window could open if things line up.
Is his accuracy a concern ? Of course, but the play of his o-line is a bigger concern. Josh Allen's accuracy was pretty bad his first two years.