Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
Somehow the word "Duds" didn't come thru in the header for this thread. So, I owe the thread a dud. And I've got one. I'm leaning a little to what Fritz posted about not beating up these fools too much, but I dug up a few facts that have really burned my ass.

Jordan Love - 0 for 3 with a pick on throws over 20 yards. For the season he is 6 for 27 with no TD's and 3 picks on throws of more than 20 yards. That shit is affecting the game plan, Love only attempted on throws of more more than 5 yards ONCE in the first half.

Love you are a dud and you earned it.
What is puzzling/concerning to me is how well the OL blocked in preseason (yeah, it's preseason) and especially how Jordan Love's decision making has gone south. Earlier this year even if his throws were off target or the receiver screwed up/dropped it you could see the decision making process and is was pretty clean. Now it's throwing into double coverage and passing up easy throws to go big game hunting. If he didn't have that tendency in college you'd think he learned it from Rodgers. Either way, Love has regressed since the start of the year and it's a problem.
The deep shots need to happen, but less often and not into coverage. His accuracy and timing on those throws hasn't been there all year, maybe try it 2-3 times a game instead of 5-6. Also, I don't understand the underthrown deep passes - Watson is an incredibly large fast human, I'd think it would be almost impossible to overthrow him.