Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
Steno and/or MLF definitely are inclined to go with veterans on offensive line. But to me, the fact that Rhyan is getting snaps seems to indicate they at least know Runyan won't be here next year. They want to have an idea of what they have in Rhyan going into the offseason.
They absolutely should figure out what they have locked onto the roster next offseason. If Rhyan is any good, you have less pressure to draft an IOL early (or at all).
I think at this point most fans would like to see them try Rhyan, I suspect his pass blocking isn't where it needs to be, but Runyan isn't getting it done either. I have to think it's either something off-field or an injury or the OL coaching that has caused such a regression for him. He was decent his first 2 years. Newman's rookie season also wasn't the trashfire he's turned into either, which is what makes me worry about the coaching.

I know I'm nitpicking, but the opening play bomb to Watson was underthrown by about 8-10 yards. If Love throws that farther and with less air and Watson doesn't have to slow down. Watson had the CB and S beat by 2 yards and if hit in stride jogs into the end zone.