Fields is a slow processer and a big game hunter. It's why he gets sacked a lot. He had a very good OL and receivers around him at OSU, and I suspect the offense was not nearly as complicated as anything on the pro level.
I think those factors helped mask deficiencies in his game, and those will get exposed in the NFL. Disguised coverage confuses him and the pass rush makes him nervous.

To be clear, I'm not saying he's dumb, being a pro QB relies upon very fast mental processing and few can do it.

The question is whether he can be coached into reading a defense faster or not, I suspect experience will help but ultimately he probably needs a scheme that will meet him halfway... hence the short throws.
Being Checkdown Charlie can move the chains and win a few games -- until teams figure you out on film and squat on the routes.

I think Dobbs just had some bad luck with tipped balls, but he also had some poor throws and terrible decisions where he just didn't see the defender. They've done better with him that I thought they would, they're 6-6 and have a bye to figure things out and get Jefferson back.

That was a pretty terrible game though. Neither one seemed capable of winning.