• EDGE

4 26.67%
  • ILB

1 6.67%
  • S

1 6.67%
  • CB

1 6.67%

Thread: You could get a probowl player from the draft at any position except QB. What position 1st

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I put Edge Rusher because as a general case most teams most of the time, that's the biggest difference maker. This year for the Packers, though, it's becoming increasingly apparent that we need a quality ILB.
    You don’t think it’s weird that you value the guy rushing the passer, but not the guy stopping the other teams star pass rusher? If one is important, doesn’t the other have to be?
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    You don’t think it’s weird that you value the guy rushing the passer, but not the guy stopping the other teams star pass rusher? If one is important, doesn’t the other have to be?
    The reason I don't think that is weird is 1. defense > offense in importance in general, and 2. I've seen decades of IMO piss poor O Line play, OTs especially, and Favre, Rodgers, and now Love survive and thrive the great majority of the time anyway. You of all people (your namesake), I would think would want a perceived star player like him, or Reggie White or Lawrence Taylor or whoever else would be considered the GOAT pass rushers over Bakhtiari or whoever else were considered great OTs. And that's not even addressing the fact that you're likely to get a Mandarich way too big a percentage of the time.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    The reason I don't think that is weird is 1. defense > offense in importance in general, and 2. I've seen decades of IMO piss poor O Line play, OTs especially, and Favre, Rodgers, and now Love survive and thrive the great majority of the time anyway.
    I don't know what games you are watching, but if it's Packer games you couldn't be more wrong on both points.