Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
From what I've heard, dude is super chill and that's his vibe... like he barely has a pulse. Not a confidence thing at all, although with kickers who knows.
The mental part of it is really important for them. His brother got cut by the Vikes after he missed a few vs. GB, the Raiders picked him up and he's been All-Pro or Pro Bowl level since... so he has the bloodlines and his brother to bounce things off. Bisaccia vouches for him.

Seems to me he has a big leg but he needs more time kicking in GB's conditions, and in Lambeau. My understanding is they don't let anybody practice in Lambeau so he's getting used to it.
I think of kickers like golfers - their whole process and mechanics have to be good. They all probably have good enough legs, it's about how consistent their mechanics are and how good their mental makeup is.
What do you think of the punter? What've you heard? I thought he was going to be great, but he seems mostly okay - but this is only his rookie year in a game he hasn't played at much. He does seem like a good holder, though.