Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
These WR always look like they're running free. Is that the scheme? Or how did we go from no one open last year to gazzels wide open this year?
It's Flores scheme - either send the house or drop everyone. If he blitzes and your blocking picks it up, you can gash them. GB did that.

Jordan Love played really well, especially in terms of the mental processing and not letting a loud hostile NYE crowd affect him. Made good reads, didn't see a lot of missed protection calls. Only thing I will say is he desperately needs to work on his footwork. Too many jump passes -- if he stays on his feet Bo Melton catches a better pass on 4th and 1 and walks into the endzone.

Aaron Jones is good. Real good. Even when the OL screws up he makes it work. His vision and feet are so much better than Dillon's. Dillon had a decent game, he's not dynamic at all but he has gotten really good at pass pro.

The OL in general did pretty well. They handled a lot of what Flores tried to throw at them and bought Love enough time to hurt a banged up secondary without Byron Murphy. Myers and Runyan weren't great but I wouldn't single them out as especially bad. The run blocking overall is below average on this team and they need to address that.

I thought the DL played pretty well, and (at least early in the game) Barry did send a few pressures. Was nice to see some twists and stunts as well... but Barry did call a lot of the same old rush 4 and drop 7 defense that a better QB would have exploited. Quay Walker is better going forward and sideline to sideline than dropping into coverage. He's got a lot of talent, but zone coverage is not his forte. Eric Wilson was ok at best in relief. Any more ILBs get hurt they'll have to play a 5 man front or dime with a safety.

O'Connell made a mistake starting Jaren Hall. I was encouraged when they announced that. Mullens can be a turnover machine, but he's not a rookie and with Jefferson/Addison not afraid to chuck it out there against the *allentines. No run game and a bad QB situation is not a recipe for success, but Joe Barry is perhaps the solution lol. The fact that GB jumped out to an early lead is what really helped them. If Mullens or Dobbs had started I would have been more nervous.

Kirk Cousins is making himself some money. MIN is going to have to bid against DEN for him lol

Also, I don't mind Ras posting here. He's more respectful and provides takes that are better than some here.
It's also nice to get perspective from other fanbases.