Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
So . . . I'm trying to work out your phrasing. You're NOT sad that the coverage does NOT contain everything that Rodgers says, is what I think you wrote. So you're happy not to be reading everything he pronounces upon, right?

I find it much more entertaining and satisfying to read what he says now that he's part of another organization.

As Bobble said, Guter is looking smarter and smarter as this plays out.

Especially in the last seven or eight weeks.

Last year's draft class, IF those players continue to grow and develop, will go down as an all-time best for the Packer organization, a once-in-a-lifetime draft.

Now my dream is that the Packers deal Bakhtiari to the Jest for a fourth-rounder or something.
Yup. Rodgers is a great thrower of the football but otherwise a douchey dipshit. I'm glad Packers don't have that distraction in the locker room or in the press. I'd rather read about how the team is playing.
Reading about it with a perspective that it's a different organization - and one in a major media area - is kind of funny, and provides cringey entertainment.

Gute took a very big gamble on Jordan Love, and if it didn't pan out we'd be talking about QBs in the draft, possibly with a new GM and HC. His '22 and '23 drafts are looking very promising as well. He likely bought himself a few more years with the team.
For a while I thought MLF might land on the hot seat, especially when this team was looking at potentially dropping SD, KC, etc. and being 3-9, but he's done pretty good work figuring out what some of these guys can do and getting them to do it. Not many coaches survive 2 losing seasons, he doesn't have that problem either. What will be a problem are expectations for next year. People are going to expect this team to win 11 games and that's no gimme. They still have some cap, roster and coaching issues to sort out... and they won't sneak up on anyone next year. Should be exciting though.