Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers Offseason/Free Agency Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Not really old enough and more importantly hasn’t done shit unless he was playing the Packers defense. I was thinking a QB who has been in the playoffs. Flacco would be the type. Maybe Wilson soon since we are talking Seattle leftovers.
    Mike Garafolo
    @MikeGarafolo

The #Steelers and QB Mitchell Trubisky have decided to mutually part ways, sources say. The sides spoke to assess the situation and Trubisky, 29, gets a fresh start just over a month ahead of the start of the league year and free agency.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I really don't think we need a veteran QB at all, but if we did get one, I'd MUCH prefer Trubisky to Flacco.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Flacco is not MLF's type. Trubisky is. Either way, I think they feel good about Clifford coming back for Year 2.
    They have other needs and not a lot of cap space, I don't see them spending a lot in FA on a backup QB. They have McGough still as the QB3 and could easily bring in a Jordan Travis type on a Day 3 pick.

If they have to play their backup (or their QB3) for more than a game they are probably in trouble.

I get that there are benefits to having a veteran in the position room, but sometimes the coaches have to step up too. Clements is a good coach and Mannion is basically a veteran voice.
    Besides, Love had a lot of time to watch Rodgers, and Clifford had a lot of starts at Penn State. That stadium in Happy Valley holds a lot of people, and he played in some big games.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Besides, Love had a lot of time to watch Rodgers, and Clifford had a lot of starts at Penn State. That stadium in Happy Valley holds a lot of people, and he played in some big games.
    Good point. He played a hell of a game in the Rose Bowl, for example.

Matt Schneidman
    @mattschneidman

The Packers are hiring 49ers assistant strength coach Aaron Hill as their new head of strength and conditioning, per source.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Matt Schneidman
    @mattschneidman

The Packers are hiring 49ers assistant strength coach Aaron Hill as their new head of strength and conditioning, per source.
    Hill has a fan.

Kurt Benkert
    @KurtBenkert

I LOVED him when I was with the Niners. He’ll crush it.

Maybe he can solve the hamstring issues Watson and Jones and Stokes and others had.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Hill has a fan.
    Consider me a fan also. Better not freeze up when he plays his whole team.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Cap is rumored to be $250M this year. Take that, cap hell!

Cut Iranian Stallion. Cut Cletidus. Sign a mofo ILB. Sign a hip hop safety. Draft a cheetah tailback. And New Orleans, here comes the Pack!
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

I agree with all of that except your blind spot about Kenny Clark. Restructure him, of course, but make damn sure he is still a Packer.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I agree with all of that except your blind spot about Kenny Clark. Restructure him, of course, but make damn sure he is still a Packer.
    100%.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    ibid

Agree. Wow, look at everyone agreeing with Tex!

Agree. Wow, look at everyone agreeing with Tex!
    He's going to get suspicious that he's being set up.

Naw. I just thought this was somehow "sensible day" for ya'all hahahahahaha.

Salary cap went up a LOT. Nobody expecting the jump it took. FA's are going to get PAID.
    cap jumped 30M to 255.4M or thereabouts.

Will be interesting to see what flexibility that gives GB.

Salary cap went up a LOT. Nobody expecting the jump it took. FA's are going to get PAID.
    cap jumped 30M to 255.4M or thereabouts.

Will be interesting to see what flexibility that gives GB.
    More up-front money for Love, so you don't have to eat a cap monster down the road?

A middle-of-the-road safety to play while the kids Guter drafts get up to speed?

Interesting to see.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Holy crap. I just saw yesterday where Florio was told by a source when he says has always been reliable on cap issues that we were going to be looking at a lot closer to 250 than the low 240s, but this... wow.

Obviously, if upur cap is up $30M that means everyone else's is too, so it's not like it gives us any sort of unbalanced, special advantage. But it sure does help Gute and Brandt field the best possible team for our window.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra View Post
    Holy crap. I just saw yesterday where Florio was told by a source when he says has always been reliable on cap issues that we were going to be looking at a lot closer to 250 than the low 240s, but this... wow.

Obviously, if upur cap is up $30M that means everyone else's is too, so it's not like it gives us any sort of unbalanced, special advantage. But it sure does help Gute and Brandt field the best possible team for our window.
    Yeah, doesn't really give GB any advantage. It does allow them to make some moves without having to kick cap hits down the road.
    I'm curious what this means for Aaron Jones and Preston Smith. Certainly helps out with a Jordan Love extension.

I still think they'll extend Kenny Clark and release DeVondre.

Technically, this might mean they could keep Bakhtiari on the roster. Oof. Unless they can get him to agree to a contract adjustment (unlikely), I think you have to cut bait and use that space for extensions or elsewhere.

Yeah, doesn't really give GB any advantage. It does allow them to make some moves without having to kick cap hits down the road.
    I'm curious what this means for Aaron Jones and Preston Smith. Certainly helps out with a Jordan Love extension.

I still think they'll extend Kenny Clark and release DeVondre.

Technically, this might mean they could keep Bakhtiari on the roster. Oof. Unless they can get him to agree to a contract adjustment (unlikely), I think you have to cut bait and use that space for extensions or elsewhere.
    You trade Bakh to the Jest for a fifth round pick!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack