Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
Hopper has a 7.38 RAS acore at LB, meaning he ranks just under the 74th percentile athletically among linebackers historically. That's an above average overall athlete at the position, and well beyond the vast majority of people in general.

He's a little small size-wise, but that's how LBs are these days.
He has good enough speed and get get to the sideline just fine. His biggest issue is tackling.
Hopper fits what Hafley is going to want his LBs to do -- all of the defensive picks this year were aggressive, downhill attaching types who have good character and love football. I think Hafley is going to ask them to shoot a gap and not do a lot of thinking or reacting.

I'm NOT on the Hopper bandwagon, I think there were other LBs (or players at other positions) they could have gone for that i would have liked, but Gute isn't trying to please me specifically with his picks.
Either way he's a Packer and he's got a shot, so I'm rooting for him. This could be the return of the 3rd round curse.

Why wouldn’t Guter want to please you, or us, with his picks? How are we gonna win the offseason, that long and crucial stretch, if the national writers and fans aren’t saying the Packers done great in the offseason? After all, the offseason lasts as long or longer than the real season, so having to sit around listening to Lions’ fans and national writers crowing about “winning” the draft and free agency is a real pain in the ass.

Everybody knows that winning the offseason is as important as winning the Super Bowl, and a lot easier, too.