View Poll Results: WHAT IS MORE LIKELY ???

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • THE PACKERS MISS THE PLAYOFFS

12 44.44%
  • THE PACKERS MAKE THE SUPER BOWL

15 55.56%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WHAT IS MORE LIKELY ???

If the defense is top-10, I'd change my vote. But we have no evidence of that.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    This team is a SB contender for sure. The defense needs to step up and it will be interesting on how Jacobs gels. Weakest part of the team is kicking.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    If the defense is top-10, I'd change my vote. But we have no evidence of that.
    Packers were top 10 in points allowed. Problem was they were 23rd in both 1st downs allowed and forced turnovers. Too often couldn't get off the field when they needed to. If they have a healthy and motivated Jaire to go along with McKinney, I think top 10 is very realistic.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Still can't see who voted for what. 4 seriously wee wrongheaded enough to vote no playoffs? They really ought to have the balls to identify themselves hahahaha.
    I have identified myself. As a binary choice the answer is more likely to miss the playoffs.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Yeah, I saw that and maybe a couple of others of the seven voting that way.

A person doesn't have to think it's a sure thing the Packers win or make it to the SB to vote that way the way the poll is worded, just that it is more likely than the other choice. I actually do think the Packers make it to and even win it. But with the talent on this team, I see the fairly low bar of making the playoffs as damn near a sure thing. So that has to be the most likely.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I have identified myself. As a binary choice the answer is more likely to miss the playoffs.
    Agreed. I could just as easily see a world where they take 3rd in the division vs winning it. I think Chicago is gonna surprise some folks over the next couple years.

Yeah, some folks hahahaha - the Bears are gonna surprise anybody who is dumb enough to think they don't still suck (worse than with Fields IMO).

Yeah, some folks hahahaha - the Bears are gonna surprise anybody who is dumb enough to think they don't still suck (worse than with Fields IMO).
    I agree. I follow a lot of bears fans on X. I’ve listened the last couple years to JT O’Sullivan about QB play. It’s a different game than college. So many guys bust in the NFL who were elite in college.

One of the core things JT talks about is the ability to play fast and anticipate. The windows are smaller. The ball has to come out before it’s obvious the guy is open. Justin Fields is probably he best QB in the nfl in terms of arm talent (strength, accuracy, touch, etc) and legs. He might be the best ever in those terms. But he can’t see it until it’s open and by then it’s too late.

Caleb Williams is exactly the same with less leg talent and more off platform talent. There’s a case to be made that Williams can process the game slowly yet make a ton of big plays off schedule.

But really the centerpiece of every great QB is playing on time and Williams can’t.

I would not be surprised at all if he busts and I’m here for it. Bears fans will implode.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I went with the more statistically probable - they miss the playoffs.

My god, I’m in mid-season form already.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I went with the more statistically probable - they miss the playoffs.

My god, I’m in mid-season form already.
    No Kool-Aid for you!

Packers with a 34.48% chance to miss the playoffs
    Packers with a 3.2% chance to make the superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Packers with a 34.48% chance to miss the playoffs
    Packers with a 3.2% chance to make the superbowl.
    Exactly. Missing the playoffs is a very common occurrence in the NFL. 50%+ miss the playoffs. The Packers have a pretty good ascending situation and should be less likely than average.

But to take something as uncommon and 2 in 32 chance and think they’re more likely to achieve that than something closer to a coin flip….thats just fans being fans but not being very realistic.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wait aren’t you the guy that bets preseason for the Pack to win it all? Or is that APB?

Well bets pay based on how unlikely a thing is to happen. The poll isn't asking about bets.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The GA guy shows up .

It’s not about betting but is based on the same thing. How confident are you in the Packers. I am surprised so many say no playoffs versus just getting to, not winning, the SB. Would think more are believe another SB window has open. Too bad that puto Bretsky effed up and let people hide on the poll.

Shocking that it's up to TEN people now basically thinking it's unlikely the Packers make the playoffs. Sheeeeeesh

I can see negativists whining that we won't win or make it to the Super Bowl, but with the talent and coaching on this team, it seems like virtually a sure thing the Packers make the playoffs.

Probably anonymity has something to do with it - they can get with that kind of stupidity without having their name attached to it.

Shocking that it's up to TEN people now basically thinking it's unlikely the Packers make the playoffs. Sheeeeeesh

I can see negativists whining that we won't win or make it to the Super Bowl, but with the talent and coaching on this team, it seems like virtually a sure thing the Packers make the playoffs.

Probably anonymity has something to do with it - they can get with that kind of stupidity without having their name attached to it.
    I don't think those people are saying it's likely the Packers will miss the playoffs. They are saying that missing the playoffs is more likely than making it to the Super Bowl. I would guess most of them think the Packers will make the playoffs.

True, if you think the Packers have an above average 10% chance at making the superbowl and a much below average 12% chance of missing the playoffs, it still means that you think missing out is more likely. But this is not the time of year for such an pessimistic attitude. This is the time to look at the NFC and say none of the other teams are clearly better than the Packers and a lot are clearly worse, so the Superbowl is more likely than missing out.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Blog Entries
    this poll is F'ckin awesome

I voted more likely they make the SB by the way.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I will say this. If Halfwit has them playing downhill to their strengths we have a really good shot at the owl.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.