http://www.packerchatters.com/op-ed/view.php?id=2206

Brett Shows Frustration All Packer Fans Are Feeling by Capasso

I am not one to usually believe the rumors stating what Favre, Thompson, McCarthy, or anyone else in the Packer organization may or may not have said without documented evidence of the fact. On the other hand, I have seen enough quotation's around Brett’s recent comments at his golf outing to believe that he showed at least some disdain about that fact that Randy Moss was not signed by the Packer general manager Ted Thompson. I believe that he was expressing feelings that many Packer fans have been feeling over the entire off season…… frustration. Although I do not believe that Favre ever asked to be traded, I have heard rumors to that effect however, I haven’t seen him quoted as saying so by any credible sources.
Favre made a statement today denying that fact that he wants to be traded and is looking forward to playing with the team this year. I can see how Favre and many Packer fans can be frustrated with the approach that Mr. Thompson is taking to turn the present Green Bay Packers team around. It is not a fast approach by any means. Many look at a team like New Orleans and say if they could go from last to first in one year why can’t the Packers? Well there are several reasons. New Orleans had a younger and more talented core of players than the Packers had. They also picked up a QB in Drew Brees that ended up having a Pro bowl year. The Packers have a much harder uphill battle to climb. Poor drafts and weak player negotiations over several years left the youth and talent pool pretty much dried up. Thompson had the chore of not only replacing the aging starters but also building up the reserves and depth of the Packers. On top of that he walked into camp with a very unfriendly salary cap situation that forced him to release several popular and talented players. The players and fans of the Green Bay Packers however want a championship team…. NOW.
Some General Managers may have gone another way and filled the gaps with some more popular draft picks and by signing expensive free agents. In doing so they may have made themselves a more competitive team today, possibly giving them a shot of getting to the Super Bowl this year. But at what price? Could those teams possibly be looking at severe salary cap issue in the next several years? The possibility of overpaying several free agents may mean that they could have a one and done shot at a Super Bowl. This is the route some General Managers take to try to save their jobs but signing glorified free agents in an attempt for a 'quick fix' is not the way to get to the Super Bowl, or to create a dynasty. This is not the route Thompson chose to take. Thompson chose to build a team by expanding the core of talent with young talented draft picks and little known free agents that were 'under the radar'. That is why he has not picked the 'popular' picks that would fill the immediate gaps for a team that is making a run for the Super Bowl this year. Are the Packers a Super Bowl-bound team this year? Sorry...it probably is not! Are we getting better? Yes! Are we filling some of the voids on the team? Yes! Are we going to become a dynasty overnight? No! Will it be in the near future? Let’s hope so. We as Packer fans will have to be patient and wait for the seeds that Thompson is planting to bloom. I want to see the Packers win the Super Bowl led by Brett Favre as much as anyone but for that to happen I am afraid that Brett is going to have to play another year or two. Hence ..Brett’s and our frustration grows