Quote Originally Posted by swede
Sorry.

I'm on the bandwagon.

TT is a grown up.

He has a plan and sticks to it. He doesn't get a hard on for names, but he does respect talent. He spends money carefully. He rewards our best players and keeps them on the team.

I have begun slipping off the Favre bandwagon.

He is still my favorite player, author of many happy memories. But his off-season act is really growing old.

It's one thing for "fans" dressed up for some kind of green and gold Mardis Gras to boo draft picks and talk stupidly about not signing Free Agents or drafting Bowe or Meacham or whoever Mel Kiper had on his board.

It is another thing to have Brett fire off like that.

Brett will be a great quarterback again if we can get him into training camp without retiring.

But he sure does suck at off-season public relations.
Like I've said before, I'm probably in the major minority here when I say I'm not upset with Brett saying what he did. He voiced the opinion of thousands of Packer fans. I think it's something that needed to be said and maybe after the dust settles will work out for the best. I think Harv posted somewhere that one of Favre's biggest faults is his honestly. Well damn, in a NFL world full of gang bangers and drug users, I guess I find a player....a HOF'er... being honest, nothing to get irrate about. Lots of players speak their mind, but because this is Favre it gains national media attention.

As for Thompson...I'm not against him, but I do wonder how so many people are pro Thompson...anti Favre during all this. TT may turn out to be one of the best GM's...but he's unproven at this point in GB. Thompson gave us a good draft + a little FA help in 2006....that's all we know for sure. Favre has been a faithful Packer for 17 years!! It makes me sick hearing all the Favre bashing going on in these threads. I seriously hope I don't hear the same people gushing over Favre during the 2007 season as he's breaking records.