Quote Originally Posted by swede
Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon
Remember this guy.......?

Judge Now Only Wants $54 Million From Dry Cleaners for Lost Pants

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Washington (AP)

A judge who was seeking $67 million from a dry cleaners that lost his pants has loosened the belt on his lawsuit. Now, he's asking for only $54 million, according to a May 30 court filing in D.C. Superior Court.

Roy L. Pearson, a District of Columbia administrative law judge, first sued Custom Cleaners over a pair of pants that went missing two years ago. He was seeking about $65 million under the D.C. consumer protection act and almost $2 million in common law claims.

He is now focusing his claims on signs in the shop that have since been removed. The suit alleges that Jin Nam Chung, Soo Chung and Ki Chung committed fraud and misled consumers with signs that claimed "Satisfaction Guaranteed" and "Same Day Service."

But Chris Manning, the Chungs' attorney, says that can be considered fraud only if the signs misled a "reasonable" person. No reasonable person, he says, would interpret them to be an unconditional promise of satisfaction.

Pearson, who is representing himself, said in an e-mail that the focus of the case, from the start, was based on the "false, misleading and fraudulent advertisements displayed by the Chungs."
.................................................. .......................

As many legitimate consumer fraud cases as there are, it is the ridiculous ones like this case that hurts everyone. It's a minor miracle this corrupt scambag judge doesn't get struck by lightning.

I know who his heros are: Marion Barry, Impeached federal judge Alcee Hastings and indicted Congressman William Jefferson ($90,000 in the freezer). It is disgusting when public officials disregard every oath they have ever taken and try to scam the system.

Man, oh man, what's it say about D.C. if a piece of human excrement like this guy is entrusted to serve the public?
No, i think his heroes are Scooter libby, Tom Delay, Bob Ney, John Doolittle, Conrad Burns, David Safavian, Duke Cunningham,...should I go on.

Please stop with your incessant bashing of liberals/dems. It is tiresome, pedantic and frankly stupid.
I find the bashing of dems and liberals amusing, heartwarming, and entirely called for.
Ok. Then explain how his hero would be those dems...and not the Repubs listed?

Furthermore explain why one eccentric judge should be linked to either party.