Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Global Warming

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Remember when Ted Kennedy tried to start his own tire reef? Problem was he forgot to remove the tires from the car before tossing them in the water.
    Nailed it, mraynrand. High five.

My favorite anti-Ted Kennedy 1980 presidential campaign bumbersticker, "Better Dead than Ted"

It'll be interesting to see if the G-8 Summit will have any affect on the US' continued freeze to do little about global warming. Hopefully, people like Blair will be able to convince Bush to do otherwise. I don't forsee it, though. We, as Americans, can be so stubborn sometimes.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon
    Remember when Ted Kennedy tried to start his own tire reef? Problem was he forgot to remove the tires from the car before tossing them in the water.
    Nailed it, mraynrand. High five.

My favorite anti-Ted Kennedy 1980 presidential campaign bumbersticker, "Better Dead than Ted"

Yea, but when he bought that floating car, you have to admit it showed some intelligence.....also the life raft in the trunk....

Convince Bush? How about the Global Warming lunatics step down off of their high horses and start wearing fig leaves and living out doors, hunting and gathering? I mean really, show me the proof that man had anything to do with climate change? C02 levels? It's a myth, there is no correlation between the "global warming" and man made CO2 levels. In fact, mans contribution to CO2 levels in the atmosphere is less then one half of one percent of the total! AND scientists don't even think CO2 is the issue! EVEN THOSE WHO PREVIOUSLY STATED IT WAS.

Face it, the planet warms and cools on it's own. Trying to control it is ridiculous. Controlling pollution is a great idea but don't go running around saying the sky is falling while you are living indoors, wearing your $100 Nike's driving your bullshit "hybrid" car with all of the fossil fuels it "saves" when in reality it costs a lot of fossil fuel to produce a battery that allows your car to get no better mileage then a car that doesn't have that technology. Better yet, take your $8 a gallon corn based ethanol (you do know corn is subsidized by TAX DOLLARS) and shove the whole cob up your ass.

You friggin liberal tree hugging idiots are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites when it comes to planet. You couldn't go one day without using something that isn't made from fossil fuels, man made, or harmed the environment. When you can do that, then come talk to me.
    "Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic.”
    – Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin
    Convince Bush? How about the Global Warming lunatics step down off of their high horses and start wearing fig leaves and living out doors, hunting and gathering? I mean really, show me the proof that man had anything to do with climate change? C02 levels? It's a myth, there is no correlation between the "global warming" and man made CO2 levels. In fact, mans contribution to CO2 levels in the atmosphere is less then one half of one percent of the total! AND scientists don't even think CO2 is the issue! EVEN THOSE WHO PREVIOUSLY STATED IT WAS.

Face it, the planet warms and cools on it's own. Trying to control it is ridiculous. Controlling pollution is a great idea but don't go running around saying the sky is falling while you are living indoors, wearing your $100 Nike's driving your bullshit "hybrid" car with all of the fossil fuels it "saves" when in reality it costs a lot of fossil fuel to produce a battery that allows your car to get no better mileage then a car that doesn't have that technology. Better yet, take your $8 a gallon corn based ethanol (you do know corn is subsidized by TAX DOLLARS) and shove the whole cob up your ass.

You friggin liberal tree hugging idiots are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites when it comes to planet. You couldn't go one day without using something that isn't made from fossil fuels, man made, or harmed the environment. When you can do that, then come talk to me.
    Holy crap. Good thing you dont call people names. Someone might get offended.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Damn. You must of started drinking at the crack of dawn to come up with that.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Gee, I hate it when the weather won't cooperate with the doomsday scenarios.

Two years in a row with very little hurricane activity. When, oh when, will the east coast be under water and I can make some money in my real estate investments?
    .................................................. ...........................................

"Unless a dramatic and perhaps historical flurry of activity occurs in the next 9 weeks, 2007 will rank as a historically inactive TC year for the Northern Hemisphere as a whole. During the past 30 years, only 1977, 1981, and 1983 have had less activity to date (January-TODAY, Accumulated Cyclone Energy)."

http://www.coaps.fsu.edu/~maue/tropical/

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon
    Gee, I hate it when the weather won't cooperate with the doomsday scenarios.

Two years in a row with very little hurricane activity. When, oh when, will the east coast be under water and I can make some money in my real estate investments?
    .................................................. ...........................................

"Unless a dramatic and perhaps historical flurry of activity occurs in the next 9 weeks, 2007 will rank as a historically inactive TC year for the Northern Hemisphere as a whole. During the past 30 years, only 1977, 1981, and 1983 have had less activity to date (January-TODAY, Accumulated Cyclone Energy)."

http://www.coaps.fsu.edu/~maue/tropical/
    Once again, proving you know very little. First, no one predicted a doomsday scenario. Second, hurricane prediction/forecast is done by the gov't.

The IAPC never said there was a clear link between global warming and frequency. “[t]here is no clear trend in the annual numbers [i.e. frequency] of tropical cyclones.” What part of that don't you understand? What the IAPC did address was the clear data that the frequency of storms in the North Atlantic had risen dramatically. And, even then they didn't say it was because of global warming.

What they did address was intensity, it is “more likely than not” (better than even odds) that there is a human contribution to the observed trend of hurricane intensification since the 1970s.

In the North Atlantic, for which we have the best records, there has been a clear increase in the number and intensity of tropical storms and major hurricanes. From 1850-1990, the overall average number of tropical storms was about 10, including about 5 hurricanes. Since 1995, the 10-year average has risen dramatically, with the 1997-2006 average at about 14 tropical storms, including about 8 hurricanes. This increase in frequency correlates strongly with the rise in North Atlantic sea surface temperature, and recent peer-reviewed scientific studies link this temperature increase to global warming.

I'm sure you are also fully versed on the effects of El Nino and la nina and other things that can effect weather.

Oh, btw, perhaps it is time for you to learn the difference tween weather and CLIMATE.

"Look, Buzz, an alien!..........BAHHHAH"

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    From 1850-1990, the overall average number of tropical storms was about 10, including about 5 hurricanes. Since 1995, the 10-year average has risen dramatically, with the 1997-2006 average at about 14 tropical storms, including about 8 hurricanes.
    There's nothing that science values as much as an N value of 1. One ten year period - and a claim that the "10-year average has risen dramatically." But I'm certain there are plenty of 'peer reviewed' CLIMATE journals that will publish those findings.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

This is as good as place as any to put this shale oil link...I thought about the market correction post but this works as well. It's to long to cut and paste so here goes:

http://money.cnn.com/2007/10/30/maga...tune/index.htm
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    From 1850-1990, the overall average number of tropical storms was about 10, including about 5 hurricanes. Since 1995, the 10-year average has risen dramatically, with the 1997-2006 average at about 14 tropical storms, including about 8 hurricanes.
    There's nothing that science values as much as an N value of 1. One ten year period - and a claim that the "10-year average has risen dramatically." But I'm certain there are plenty of 'peer reviewed' CLIMATE journals that will publish those findings.
    I quoted those..they are from the scientists, not from me.

More importantly, i didn't address the world, specifically only North Atlantic.