Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
Third Eye Blind got hot with their first album, but most of the stuff they've made wouldn't even get a sniff of radio play. Hell, their best songs weren't even their popular songs. I bet 99% on here have heard of Semi-Charmed Life, but very few have heard of God Of Wine, Crystal Baller, or Wake For Young Souls. I really don't care if they are popular. All I know is that I dig the shit they put out, and when I play their music to my friends, they like it.

Radiohead and Blur got popular. To me, that doesn't automatically mean I lose respect for them. That's just elitist thinking.

When I was younger, I was into all of the underground, unpopular shit too. I don't have the kind of time it takes to devote myself to that anymore.

Jack, you remember a Hard Punk phase that went through Minneapolis about 10 years ago? Bands like The Cows were making their rounds at First Ave. I was right with all of those "gutter schmucks" listening to that stuff. Damn near lost my hearing in those days.
My buddy drummed with the cows.

I'm not young and it doesn't take that much time. You are exactly why the consumer gets what they get. You don't question or challenge. Therefore, they continue to spoon feed you shit.

Radiohead and Blur aren't even in the same category as 3rd Eye. Nothing elitist about it. If you enjoy it, great. But, it is disengenous to lump them together.