Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Huckabee

15 53.57%
  • Obama

13 46.43%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Packer Rats Election

In polls showing head to head matchups between Edwards and potential Republican nominees, Edwards leads all of them. He does better in head to head matchups than Clinton or Obama. This is remarkable considering the national media have done their best to ignore him. However, there are no real recent polls on this. Most of the polls are from mid-December.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

ya, I wasn't really refering to the debate tonight. I believe that Edwards really will fight special interests. I'm impressed when Edwards compares reforming Health Care to the breaking up of the railroad monopolies. It really is that dramatic of a task.

This is a big turn-around for me. I was repelled by Edwards in the past. guess I am convinced now that he is sincere inside, even if he is a bit oily on the outside.

I like Edwards, but he has an almost impossible task. He is a white, male trial attorney running against the first woman, and the first black man with a legitimate shot at the Presidency.

Senior Rat HOFer the_idle_threat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    ya, I wasn't really refering to the debate tonight. I believe that Edwards really will fight special interests . . .

Except for the trial lawyers. of course.

Edwards is my least favorite candidate.

Blog Entries
    These candidate suck; maybe we need to start up the PR party. Who in here can circletalk to death without saying a dam specific thing. They could be the president

? HOFer
    Move this thread admins. Recreate a thread than with all the candidates. It will be curious to see who wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Move this thread admins. Recreate a thread than with all the candidates. It will be curious to see who wins.
    I don't think there are enough options on a poll thread for ALL the candidates

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Edwards is my least favorite candidate.

I thought it was funny last night when talking about Iraq and troop removal how Clinton bitch slapped Edwards and his idiotic plan about having all the troops out of Iraq within a year, simply stupid, and she called him on it. I am certainly not a Clinton backer, but she made more sense on that topic than Edwards. The sad thing was Edwards made more sense than Richardson who babbled like a Sophomore high school student in debate practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    I like Edwards, but he has an almost impossible task. He is a white, male trial attorney running against the first woman, and the first black man with a legitimate shot at the Presidency.
    The diversity of the democrats has been exaggerated somewhat. Obama is only half black, Richardson is only half Hispanic, and Hilliary is only half woman.

It's a start, but lets not go overboard.

Everything is relative. You have to admit, compared to the Republican candidates, the Dems are incredibly diverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    Everything is relative. You have to admit, compared to the Republican candidates, the Dems are incredibly diverse.
    You might consider taking off the democrat "rose colored glasses" before you say this. I'm interested in "diverse ideas" and dont' really care about ethnic diversity. The democrats all agree that higher taxes and higher spending will lead to higher happiness.

I don't know...like I said before, Bush has managed to flush a WHOLE LOTTA money down the toilet with the approval of a Republican Congress. Add to that that before George came to Georgetown, the budget was balanced...scratch that, it had a surplus.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    We got money for wars but can't educate the poor.

The Republicans can still probably say that the Dems are more likely to raise taxes. But they can't really claim anymore that the Dems are bigger spenders.In fact, the Dems are now the ones who are more likely to talk about the need to reign in federal deficits. As someone once said, "Democrats are Tax And Spend. Republicans are Don't Tax And Spend." I suspect this is an issue that will be raised more in the general election than it is now.