Thread: Daughter is doing fine in Kenya/Tanzania

Daughter is doing fine in Kenya/Tanzania

Some of you remember my concern with my 19 year old daughter traveling to Kenya and Tanzania along with classmates and faculty members from Pacific Lutheran University. Just prior to the trip, there was widespread violence in Kenya due to an alleged, rigged, re-election of their President.

We have received 2 emails thus far. They landed in Nairobi without any political problems. Two of the students had their luggage lost(heck, that even happens here in America!) and all of them had to wait an extra 24 hours for their flight to Arusha, Tanzania.

She has already been on a picture-taking safari and relished her experience. Her "Major" challenge thus far has been digging holes in the dirt to relieve herself!--that really appalled her.

Because she is a blue-eyed redhead, she has attracted a lot of attention from Tanzanians who just want to "touch my hair."

She is scheduled tomorrow to begin here 5 day ascent and descent of Mt. Kilamanjaro.

She supposed to return on Jan. 30th.

OPF

What good news! You have to be relieved.
    Oh to be that young and carefree again................

I'm jealous....although I am going to Suriname in a couple of weeks.

Glad to hear she is having a great trip so far OPF...although things are getting ugly in Kenya again.
    C.H.U.D.

Great to hear OPF!

Sounds pretty cool to me. When I was in college I used to think it was pretty adventerous to go to Madison on the weekends.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar

Re: Daughter is doing fine in Kenya/Tanzania

Quote Originally Posted by oregonpackfan
    Some of you remember my concern with my 19 year old daughter traveling to Kenya and Tanzania along with classmates and faculty members from Pacific Lutheran University. Just prior to the trip, there was widespread violence in Kenya due to an alleged, rigged, re-election of their President.

We have received 2 emails thus far. They landed in Nairobi without any political problems. Two of the students had their luggage lost(heck, that even happens here in America!) and all of them had to wait an extra 24 hours for their flight to Arusha, Tanzania.

She has already been on a picture-taking safari and relished her experience. Her "Major" challenge thus far has been digging holes in the dirt to relieve herself!--that really appalled her.

Because she is a blue-eyed redhead, she has attracted a lot of attention from Tanzanians who just want to "touch my hair."

She is scheduled tomorrow to begin here 5 day ascent and descent of Mt. Kilamanjaro.

She supposed to return on Jan. 30th.

OPF
    She should have saved her hair clippings from her last haircut and sold them to those weirdos.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Wow, what a trip! Hope she has a great time and stays safe.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Sounds pretty cool to me. When I was in college I used to think it was pretty adventerous to go to Madison on the weekends.
    On Halloween, Madison is probably much more dangerous than Kenya. :P

Seriously, OPF, glad to hear how well things have gone.
    Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another.
    Vince Lombardi

Good news to hear.

And she'll get back in time to see the Super Bowl. Smart girl.
    My signature has NUDITY in it...whatcha gonna do?