Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Asking for a refund from an airline company

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Scott Campbell's frequent flier rule #1. Do not take connecting flights unless you ABSOLUTELY have to.

Really? So you mean people take connecting flights when they really don't have to? Wow, I'd get as far as Chicago !!

If I'm headed to Birmingham and can't get a direct, then I just fly to ATL and drive the 2 hours. Same thing with Louisville - direct to Cincy and drive the rest. It's too easy and common to miss a connection, so I just avoid them altogether if I can fly somewhere close and drive less than 4 hours or so.

And NO MATTER WHAT, NEVER, EVER check your underwear. Pack it in your carry on, hell, stuff it in your pocket, but never EVER check it.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Dan-

You know I've been flying every week for 5+ years.... I've had my fare share of sitting next to huge people who clearly are a cheeseburger away from Code Blue....

Unfortunately, if the flight you were on was full, there's not much you can do.

Being stuck on a runway because of weather is not the airlines fault - it's the FAA. I feel it's worse when the airline knows the flight will be delayed b/c of weather but pulls back and then waits on the tarmac Did that several consecutive times at Newark (6 hrs/each) - without food or water for about 12 hours.

If you want a refund, call Delta's corporate office (find on website) - write your story. They won't give you cash - but will throw some miles your way.

TIPS:

1. Scott's right about connecting - don't do it unless you have to - and build extra time for delays. I had to connect from Louisville to LA through Dallas - if some stupid prick was screwing around I'd miss my connection and be 4 hours late. I hated that stress.
    2. Don't check bags - and leave expensive shit out of it (remember my stolen camera!)
    3. Keep the airlines frequent flyer cust service number available - as soon as you know your flight is delayed/canceled OR your connection may be missed - Call them! Waiting in lines is for average Joe/Jane
    4. Any gate agent has severe power (get you on flights, move you up waiting lists, get you on other airlines, cities, wave fees, etc.) - DO NOT get talked into going to the reservation line.
    5. Information is power - check the times posted on the monitors - but do not trust them. If you have your laptop, fork over the $10 and get info on your flight, the next flight, seats available, etc. If you know your shit, airlines don't fuck around.
    6. Know the people in charge - I've gotten huge benefits from asking for the shift supervisor or calling the airport authority (when something serious goes wrong - not for flight delays, bumpy flights or sitting next to Godzilla)

Also - there are websites out there where you can meet people on your flight (generally for hooking up w/ the opp sex) - that can almost guarantee a better travel experience.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    I just flew down to Dallas on delta. my luggage didn't make my connection in Cincy. on my checked luggage was my kids car seat. the agent was very helpful told us our luggage would be delivered that night. we stayed about 1.5 hours away from the airport. they gave us a "loaner" car seat for my kid (which i drenched in lysol) and my bags showed up at 7 am the next morning. no complaints.