I think you have some good points, HH.

Here's my current view on the issue of our economic and political system.

There is only so much to go around. There really isn't enough for everybody in this world. There will be haves. There will be have nots. Either that or everyone will be the same, motivation to work harder will go down and everyone will be have nots. That's how I see it. WE have to split up the pie some how.

How should the haves and have nots be separated? I say ability and ambition. I think less should be done for the poor. I think under the table earnings by the extremely wealthy should be taxed because it oppresses those who are acctually contributing to society by working or striving. It's one thing to earn a living and quite another to just roll up wealth with nothing more than using inherited wealth. Again, the goal is to empower the able and ambitious, not the circumstance they were born into. I think it should be easier to get an education for those who want it and are capable of getting it (even if it's 6 or 8 years). I think corperate scandals and political scandals should be investigated and prosecuted at a higher level. I think the laws in statues should be in place in a way that prevents frivilous law suits by holding lawyers accountable which will lower the risks of doing buisness in any field.

I don't think any of the politicians running for president do what I want them to do. Newt was the closest thing, but he's not running. Mit seems intent on helping buisnesses succeed in the world wide market place. I think some of the liberals have the right idea as far as finding ways to tax the extremely wealthy. I want people to be able to achieve and sustain wealth. I just want it to be based on their actions, not an aristocratic system and limiting the abilty to steam roll wealth based on power will force everyone who wants wealth to earn it rather than be given it.