Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ethanol, Smethanol

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Well, my dad is a bit of a crazy guy, but he will only fill up with Racine gas.
    Your Dad better get out of Racilla before someone busts a cap in his ass.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    wow, great explanation, Patler. thanks.

I've been putting premium fuel in my Grand Marquee in cold weather thinking, well, that it would be happier. This has been like giving Perrier water to the dog.
    "Like giving Perrier water to the dog", I like the analogy!

Check you owner's manual for the octane rating specified for the Grand Marquee. Use a higher octane than that only if your engine "knocks" or "pings" Some engines, for whatever reason based on their tuning, will knock even at the specified fuel octane. If that happens, use the next higher octane.

Ethanol in the states will switch to switch grass imo because you can harvest it up to three times a year and it won't drive up food prices. It grows basicly everywhere, with little need for fertilizers and is also a very good habitat for wildlife. Ethanol as a whole is a bandaid because of the amount of energy needed to plant, fertilize, harvest, dry, and getting it to the pump. IMO, this is not the future but just a stop gap measure until fuel cell ect are more readily available.
    Pass Jessica's Law and keep the predators behind bars for 25 years minimum. Vote out liberal, SP judges. Enforce all immigrant laws!

I've been putting premium fuel in my Grand Marquee in cold weather thinking, well, that it would be happier. This has been like giving Perrier water to the dog.

I don't think your Grand Mark is on Al Gore's approved vehicle list for the Friends of Global Warming Propaganda. Maybe you could get the government to give you a hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell

I don't think your Grand Mark is on Al Gore's approved vehicle list for the Friends of Global Warming Propaganda. Maybe you could get the government to give you a hybrid.
    He can't afford it, but the rich folks I see driving around here in their expensive Priuses (I couldn't afford one so I had to settle for an Acura instead) get a tax break for helping the environment.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

I like the air car website. Not sure how viable the company is, but I like the idea. I'd even consider getting one of their electric scooters to help support the company. I think they would have many challenges passing DOT regulations though, but it's good to see many are being creative to solve this gasoline addiction we have.