Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
They certainly can vote any way they want. I think it would not be wise for them to hand the nomination to a candidate who received a clear minority of the delegates from the primaries and caucuses. The only way they should do that, in my opinion, would be if there were special circumstances, such as a scandal, which would make a candidate clearly unelectable.
You contradict yourself. You say they are free to vote any way they want. Then you say just as long as they rubber stamp what the pledge delegates decide.

Reminds me of women: they don't care a bit about penis size just as long as it is large.

When it comes to Super Delegates, there is no "they". Each super delegate makes a judgement. If most of those individuals think Clinton is more qualified to be President, I think you should just respect their decisions.

I think Obama has made two crude moves in this campaign: 1) when he said that Clinton's comments about MArtin Luther King were troubling, 2) recently he said it will be problematic if the super delegates don't agree with the pledged delegates. Both comments are designed to stoke feelings of victimization and invite accusations.