Quote Originally Posted by 4and12to12and4
Quote Originally Posted by Zool
Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
I was born a year after you, and I couldn't care less what color or gender the President is. I think the candidates that we will get this Fall are the worst we've had since Jimmy Carter vs. Gerald Ford. Just bad, and I can't get excited about any candidate on either side. It blows. Nothing wrong with having minority or female candidates, but I'd rather have two good, white male candidates over breaking some kind of ground.
My point said much more coherently than I could have made it. Its all about the least smelly turd this year.
Jesus, I had no idea so many conservatives were on this site. Wake up and read a book people.
I had no idea you could make such sweeping generalizations based off two sentences. Interact with people much?

Wow, didn't wanna go head to head with you, Zool, I like to stay in good with commishes, but, I have spent more hours of my life reading and debating these issues than you can imagine. Interact with people much? Way too much actually. Makes you realize how narrowminded people are to their own situations. Wish I interacted less.
I'm not trying to start anything tonight. I'll save that for tomorrow. But calling me a conservative, you couldn't be further off base if you tried. Especially based off what I said. Thats quite a reach. I'm also not a liberal. I'm one of those crazies that decides a candidate based off what their actions, not which party backs them in the election.

Same as I then. Good to hear.

And as a few have said already, this years choices are not what I would call enticing. Maybe i need to preface everything with an IMO?
Well, the FEW here that have spoken must not understand history. How can anyone act as if this isn't an unbelievable time in our nation's history. A WOMAN and A BLACK MAN are runnig and winning the primaries. To simply state that this election is 'hohum' nothing special, or noone that excites you speaks volumes.
I'm really confused as to what posts you're reading. No one said they didnt like the candidates because they are black or female. There's a very real chance that we'll have a woman or black man in the drivers seat next, but that doesnt mean that I like most of their views. If Obama was white and Hillary was a man, it wouldn't change my mind one bit. I won't vote for change for the sake of change when the country has some very serious issues right now.