Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Another university shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    My sister's family lives about a mile from NIU, and their youngest daughter is a student there. She was not on campus at the time of the shooting because of a job interview.

DeKalb, IL is farm country. It is bordered on three sides by corn and soybean fields as far as the eye can see. A lot of people from the Chicago area like going to NIU to get away from the crime and congestion that goes with living in the city. I guess it just goes to show that trouble can happen anywhere.
    amen to that
    Busting drunk drivers in Antarctica since 2006

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    "the shooter was "a skinny white guy with a stocking cap on."

Why is it almost always white kids that do this? "Minority" kids will attack a specific target but white kids seem to do this random shooting often.
    The shooter at Virginia Tech was Asian.
    And, wasn't it two brothas that shot up D.C.
    Wow, 2 times huh? So what about every other time we have heard about this?

How many have there been? All I can think of besides those already mentioned is Columbine and Crandon.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Have you heard from your brother?

No, but I'm taking that as a very good sign. I suppose I should call and make sure everything's ok...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Senior Rat Veteran CyclonePackFan's Avatar
    Why the hell does this have to be a racial thing? It doesn't matter if the guy is black, white, Mexican, Asian, or a purple with green polka-dots. Some guy got a gun and for apparently no reason decided the best way to take out his anger/misery was to kill some innocent people who had nothing to do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    No, but I'm taking that as a very good sign. I suppose I should call and make sure everything's ok...
    Call him.
    It will make him feel good you check on him too!

I remember after 9/11 calling all over to check on a couple friends. One lived in London and the other is a pilot. It was a relief to hear they were both fine. The mind races when tragedy like that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by CyclonePackFan
    Some guy got a gun and for apparently no reason decided the best way to take out his anger/misery was to kill some innocent people who had nothing to do with him.
    It's crazy how the mind works, isn't it? Wonder what "clicks" in them to kill innocent people. I can understand people being so down/angry/confused/miserable to take their own life.....but why others?

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Call him.
    It will make him feel good you check on him too!

I remember after 9/11 calling all over to check on a couple friends. One lived in London and the other is a pilot. It was a relief to hear they were both fine. The mind races when tragedy like that happens.
    He's officially not dead. Didn't even get shot in the leg or anything--was in a building a block away.