Thread: John Adams

John Adams

Premired tonight on HBO. I highly recommend it .....it was VERY good.
    The book was good. This is great.

ya, that looked pretty good, with what's-his-face-mister-double-chin in lead role.

I'm too po for HBO. But I'm rich enough for netflix, it will be on DVD.

Listened to the audio book version. David McCullough, the author (and narrator during the PBS Civil War miniseries) narrated it. He was fantastic.

I'm like HH. HBO is just a LEETLE beyond my budget. I'll check it out from my local library when it comes on DVD. I don't have to see it right away.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Re: John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    Premired tonight on HBO. I highly recommend it .....it was VERY good.
    The book was good. This is great.
    PIP,

Is the book version "1776" that you are referring to?

I have been meaning to reading it but haven't gotten around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean
    Listened to the audio book version. David McCullough, the author (and narrator during the PBS Civil War miniseries) narrated it. He was fantastic.

I'm like HH. HBO is just a LEETLE beyond my budget. I'll check it out from my local library when it comes on DVD. I don't have to see it right away.
    Dean,

This winter, I was fortunate to have viewed Ken Burns' 9 set VHS on the Civil War. It was extremely well done.

Is this the same miniseries you are referring to or did David McCullough do a seperate miniseries?

I'm halfway through that John Adams book right now. I have to cross reference with a dictionary when I read it because David McCullough and some of the characters use words that I don't know or were used in the 1700's, but aren't anymore. Its a challenge but I'm enjoying it so far.
    To much of a good thing is an awesome thing

Quote Originally Posted by oregonpackfan

Dean,

This winter, I was fortunate to have viewed Ken Burns' 9 set VHS on the Civil War. It was extremely well done.

Is this the same miniseries you are referring to or did David McCullough do a seperate miniseries?
    That is the one. His narration as well as Garrison Keiler, Morgan Freeman, Sam Waterston, etc. was awesome.

BTW, I just got an audio tape of McCullough's biography on Harry Truman, looking forward to listening to that as well.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!