Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A Noticable Trend at PR

Is this the romper room?

Senior Rat HOFer the_idle_threat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    Harlan did bring the stink factor back. He's a protagonist (and contrarian).
    Or perhaps an antagonist and a proletarian?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell
    Ziggy, 007 and GBrulz have all posted less it seems. It's a big sausage party now.
    Little smokies is more like it

But I've been busy, plus not much going on around here if you aren't into discussing politics or the draft.

Harlan did bring the stink factor back. He's a protagonist (and contrarian)".
    You know a "protagonist" is the hero of a novel or drama, right?

The Romper Room is getting stale because it's gotten overly political.
    The political threads are obviously labeled. You don't have to read them if you aren't interested.

What a jerk you continue to be, condemning people for being outside your narrow world view. Gee, it would be great fun to meet you!

Harlan likes to get all dressed up for his "high brow" humor. Here's a sample.

http://www.viceland.com/int/dd.php?id=716
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

another cracker for christ. drub out the infidels!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell
    Ziggy, 007 and GBrulz have all posted less it seems. It's a big sausage party now.

I also think the Favre factor brought an edge here. There was always the philisophical discussion of should we sell it all to win with Favre or just make the best decision possible and let the good decisions stack on each other. Now that Favre is gone nobody cares to sell the farm today. It's just a wait and see and hope for the best. I always got frustrated by the short sightedness, but now I just miss the arguement. What's left but to call Partial a douche bag for his intolerance?

As much as I disagreed with the sell the farm approach, I think it made things interesting to always have that disagreement to fall back on when all else was boring. Now there is nothing new, nothing to disagree on. Please come back Favre, you make Packer fans rabid and interesting.

WELL MAYBE IF TT WOULD HAVE CAME OUT OF HIS SHELL, GREW SOME STONES, AND SIGNED A LEGIT STARTING GUARD WE'D HAVE WON THE SUPER BOWL LAST YEAR !!!

J/K................anyways, I miss some of the old times arguments also.

Favre hanging the laces up have quieted the "win now" group......(I used to be there) and minimized our expectations for the near term.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Senior Rat HOFer

Re: A Noticable Trend at PR

Quote Originally Posted by twoseven
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunakor
    I've come to expect that anywhere I go. But that was limited to certain threads and certain posters. I don't recall it being as rampant as you describe, but I agree that certain arguments did become uncivil. Many of those threads had little if anything to do with football, which seems to be the biggest difference I've noticed between here and there.
    In the three short months that I have gotten to know the rest of the Rats I can say that you shouldn't expect it here, ever, and that's my point.

Posters don't need to have tough skin here, and don't need to have knee jerk reactions with attitude ready and waiting for those that disagree with them, or take things personal and strike up the name calling if someone quotes their post and doesn't share their opinion--something that definitely was normal practice at JSO. That kind of thing lent to the demise of JSO as much as anything, and it did go on every day of the year, and plenty of it was rude and obnoxious. Most of the worst behavior at JSO may have been limited to certain posters, but it only takes one or two dinks to ruin the mood for everyone, and those posters were usually chiming in on just about everything. Was there even one female that dared voice their opinion there on a regular basis? It reminded me of eigth grade insult contests in the lockerroom at times with somebody always needing to have the last word. Dudes at JSO that got into it verbally online were giving out their real personal addresses and inviting others over for a fistfight when we went down 14-0 to SEA last January. What was that?

I still say that PR is 180 degrees in the other direction from what went on at JSO. IMO, from what I have witnessed in my short time here, posters conduct themselves in a way like they are guests at someone's home (Mad's House, with several fine caretakers present). That's pretty special, and should be treated as such. Partial is constantly abused, but I think he likes it.

ROFL I remember that gameday thread. I was one of the people that he was giving that address to. You might have missed it but later on in the thread he apologized to anyone he might have offended and offered to buy a beer for them should they find thier way up to the North Woods. I believe most of the posters at JSO are generally good people. But good people say dumb things sometimes during a highly excitable event. I just chalked that one up to anxiety and had forgotten about it by the end of the game.

Though I can't and won't speak for everyone who viewed that thread, I personally didn't take any offense. I never do take offense from anything on a gameday thread. People are usually drinking and are completely wrapped up in the emotion and excitment of the game. They will naturally start talking out of thier you know what when things go sour. It's happened at every tavern and on every forum I've ever visited (I have yet to take part in a gameday thread here at PR). Take away the personal information given out in that thread and it was just the regular banter I'd hear anywhere else I'd go to watch a game. That's what I mean when I say I've come to expect it - especially on gameday.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow