Thread: HOORAY!

CutlerquitRat HOFer

HOORAY!

I started a job with the Minnesota Wild...I will be in new business development! Very excited. I get to work for my second favorite sports team!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Congrats.

Wish Wisconsin had a hockey team.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Congratulations...............having a job you love is a good thing!

I know next to nothing about hockey..........but why doesn't WS have a team?

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    Congrats.

Wish Wisconsin had a hockey team.
    The Badgers mens and women hockey team were national champs 2 years ago. Also, the Milwaukee Admirals are a good time, even though I hate the uniforms. They used to have the best red, white, and blue uniforms and it seemed they almost always dropped gloves when I went to games
    To much of a good thing is an awesome thing

Re: HOORAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday
    I started a job with the Minnesota Wild...I will be in new business development! Very excited. I get to work for my second favorite sports team!
    maybe you can walk into your boss's office on your first day and demand they change their name back to the Northstars
    To much of a good thing is an awesome thing

thats awesome, nice job tony

i need a job with a sports team

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland

I don't think there is enough interest in the sport here in Wisconsin to warrant a professional team. We get our hockey fill from the Badgers, who are alot of times ranked amongst the college elite. The NHL's recent work stoppage even further eroded interest, especially since it coincided with the resurgence of the Packers and Brewers. I don't think many here care for a professional hockey team.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    three words: Green Bay Packers

Plus Betman is all about getting teams in warm weather...dumb I know but that is the way the NHL wants to go.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunakor
    Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland

I don't think there is enough interest in the sport here in Wisconsin to warrant a professional team. We get our hockey fill from the Badgers, who are alot of times ranked amongst the college elite. The NHL's recent work stoppage even further eroded interest, especially since it coincided with the resurgence of the Packers and Brewers. I don't think many here care for a professional hockey team.
    Back in the 1980's, when i was a Chicago Blackhawks season ticket holder, the Blackhawks played a couple of pre-season games in Milwaukee. I believe they did it as a favor to Lloyd Pettit, who had been a Hall of Fame announcer for the Blackhawks, and was interested in pursuing the possibility of bringing an NHL team to Milwaukee. Unfortunately, the games did not draw particularly large crowds, and pretty much eliminated that idea.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Congratulations Tony!

Nice job, Tony! (Unintentional pun realized, then intended. )

May you have many happy years there.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Milwaukee doesn't have a team for one simple reason...couldn't support it.

Not a big enough city with enough disposable dollars to support 3 winter sports...Bucks, Warriors and hockey team.

Hey, now maybe I can score some Wild tickets (that aren't in the nosebleed section)

Congrats, man!

Was sad seeing the Wild bow to the Avs. Here's to better things this season.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    and so far this year DR is acting like TT just letting all the older talent leave and doing nothing in free agency!