Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: No Joke

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Look Sweet, you know your women love you and we love you even more sober, now get your ass back into rehab before I have to come over there...
    That is very sweet sentiment, but like I told you tarlam, this has to be done for you and you only, not for ziggy, your wife, your kids or anyone else...be selfish on this one.

If you love your family then be selfish and do what will be necessary to keep them, quit, cuz eventually they will leave....but if you love drinking more then you will drink, it is a selfish decision, but you gotta make it.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    My thoughts and prayers are with you, my friend.
    I echo this. I just read this thread. I have some alcoholics that are close to me. Some have beaten the disease (up to this point; it's a never-ending battle). Some have not. But don't EVER give up hope--because it can be done. And never think you have it beat, and think I can have one drink. That never works. The people that have beaten had to hit rock bottom and then go cold turkey. I look forward to sharing an Iced Tea (and not a Long Island Iced Tea) with you in October.
    I am similar to Harvey in that I have had a couple of relations die of the disease, a cousin and an aunt, while have others sho have beaten the disease so far. The fact that you admit you have a problem is a huge step. The road to recovery is a long and never ending one. It is also not perfect. You must keep on trying to beat your addiction. What ever it takes.