Quote Originally Posted by Tarlam!
Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead
I could give two flying shits about what the "free world" wants for MY president. WE have to live with his policies and the damage he can do to this country. WE have to overcome his overbearing tax policy. WE have to strive to overcome his nanny state politics.
You have perfectly described the paradox we are confronted with!

Whilst the President of The United States of America is a man/woman that must suit the brief of solving USA issues, he/she also is MY WORLD LEADER.

So, this person leading me doesn't really give a toss if I get torched in my bed by terrorists, as long as it isn't in the USA. That would be bad for his/her image.

I was/am all for the Iraqi effort - Australians are dying in Iraq, too.

The paradox is, you vote for him/her, because of your private concerns, but you expect him/her to lead me, despite my private concerns.

All I am asking is that you choose wisely.
Who says Bush doesn't care about you--either as an Aussie or as a European "getting torched" by terrorists. I'm here to tell you that he has done more to prevent that than probably any individual in the world, and EXTREMELY much more than Kerry would have done or Obama would do.

BTW, Tarlam, did I miss you response to my post suggesting that most of Europe is coming around to supporting both America in general and Bush in particular--electing Sarkozy and Merkel, etc.? Or did you not respond?