Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 2008 Beijing Olympics Thread

I stayed up late to watch it as well. It was very entertaining in terms of scoring excitement.

The US team seemed more intent on offense than defense. It almost seemed like an NBA all-star game with minimal defensive effort.

Kobe Bryant was incredible in the second half with both his individual as well as team play. Dwayne Wade had an incredible performance coming off the bench.

As you mentioned, Rudy Fernandez was all over the court for Spain. I will have the pleasure of watching him play for the Portland Trailblazers.

Gasol also played well for the Spanish. He had quite a number of alley oop dunks with good feeds from his guards.

One of Spain's guards, Navarro, was remarkable with his running layins down the middle of the paint. He must have completed half a dozen of those difficult shots.

I think the game would not have been as close as it was if the US had slowed it down on the offensive side. Spain was only down by 4 points with 2 minutes to go in the game.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Woodson
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon

When did shitting become a sport?
    OMG, this is funny. I missed it. Do you think they train by eating lots of cheese. Do they get style points for strained faces. Perhaps Harlan could make the team, as he seems to excel in generating chunky, insoluble turds.

My wife and I turned on the closing ceremonies and were not very entertained by the Tron like drummers and other bikers and dancers prancing around.....lots of flash but.....I have to say I was surprised when Jimmy Page came out on the bus.....never thought I would see Led Zep influences.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    My wife and I turned on the closing ceremonies and were not very entertained by the Tron like drummers and other bikers and dancers prancing around.....lots of flash but.....I have to say I was surprised when Jimmy Page came out on the bus.....never thought I would see Led Zep influences.
    Chairman Mao must be rolling in his grave to have Led Zellelin perform in a "communist" country!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Thanks, Kobe, for helping return the Gold to the USA. Thanks, LeBron for being a total team player. Thanks to the entire team and Thanks Coach K, for putting it all together.

Kobe: "Our country, we believe, is the greatest county in the world and it's given us so many great opportunities and it's just this sense of pride that you have, that you say, you know what, our country is the best."

Quote Originally Posted by oregonpackfan
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    Chairman Mao must be rolling in his grave to have Led Zellelin perform in a "communist" country!
    did Jimmy Page really take part in that display of control orchestrted by a totalitarian dictatorship?

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641
    Anyone watch the basketball game?

I DVR'ed it and then watched it this morning. Not one of the better games for the Americans. Sloppy defense, but Kobe bailed them out down the stretch.

Rudy Fernandez looks like a player. He had a sick dunk on Howard.

It was not one of thier better games, but damn they were fun to watch in the olympics. Most of the games were high intensity defense and phenomenal ball movement for the USA. Great team effort. Congratulations to the Redeem Team for bringing olympic gold back to the United States where it rightfully belongs.

Too bad Coach K is done as the Senior National Team coach. Who do you think they'll bring in to get the next group ready for London in 2012?
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Quote Originally Posted by Gunakor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641
    Anyone watch the basketball game?

I DVR'ed it and then watched it this morning. Not one of the better games for the Americans. Sloppy defense, but Kobe bailed them out down the stretch.

Rudy Fernandez looks like a player. He had a sick dunk on Howard.

It was not one of thier better games, but damn they were fun to watch in the olympics. Most of the games were high intensity defense and phenomenal ball movement for the USA. Great team effort. Congratulations to the Redeem Team for bringing olympic gold back to the United States where it rightfully belongs.

Too bad Coach K is done as the Senior National Team coach. Who do you think they'll bring in to get the next group ready for London in 2012?
    One thing I truly admired about the "Redeem" team is that they were far more active ambassadors for America than the "Dream" team ever was. Members of the "Dream" team tended to just hang out together in the hotel.

The "Redeem" team members, however, showed up at many athletic events cheering on their fellow American athletes. In addition, they spent more time mingling with the host country citizens(in this case, the Chinese). Labron James and Kobe Bryant, in particular, were often seen at Olympics events and talking to average citizenss on the streets.