Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Yes, I can relate....

With how much some of these folks make, you would think the goodwill it would create would be worth it. You really can't do a decent thing these days without someone shitting all over it to try to make some kind of point, though. Some elements would find a way to spin a goodwill effort into some political talking point.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    Seeing as how this thread is no longer about Cindy McCain's attire, let me throw this in:

"But through this campaign McCain has transformed into a more conventional Republican. He's embraced the Bush tax cuts he once opposed, devised a health care plan that largely tracks Bush's, and renounced his own immigration bill. He's echoed the Republican call for more offshore drilling (after long opposing it) and, judging by the exuberant speech from running mate Sarah Palin, seems en route to reversing his opposition to drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, too. In choosing Palin over the other vice-presidential possibilities that most intrigued him -- Sen. Joe Lieberman and former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge, each of whom supports legalized abortion -- McCain deferred to the social conservatives central to the modern GOP coalition. Voters who choose McCain in November will be picking a president whose personal ideology places him near Bush on most major issues."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26563256/
    These sentiments were mirrored by the Washington Post on Friday. Anyone know why he co-authored an immigration bill and then voted against his own bill?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings