View Poll Results: If the election were today, who would you vote for?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • John McCain/ Sarah Palin

19 44.19%
  • Barack Obama/Joe Biden

21 48.84%
  • those other guys

3 6.98%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Official Rats Election Poll

Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarlam!
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead
    AP/YAHOO Poll of 873 Democrats; 650 Republicans shows OBAMA 44%, MCCAIN 42%...

Hmmm, I'm no math genius, but I'd say Mac's ahead in this one.
    Then why make a poll here?

If you you are more interested in what other people say, why bother the Rats?

This came out today- I'm not sure what the second sentence means, but then again coherent thought is not one of your attributes.
    I'm not surprised at your response. I always had you pegged for an idiot.

Just passing along an email I got. Funny stuff. Change....

http://www.snopes.com/politics/busin...dforchange.asp

Status - false

FYI only.

George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years. The first six the economy was fine.

A little over one year ago:
    1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
    2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
    3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%.
    4) the DOW JONES hit a record high--14,000 +
    5) American's were buying new cars,taking cruises, vacations overseas, living large!...

But American's wanted 'CHANGE'! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress and yes--we got 'CHANGE' all right. In the PAST YEAR:

1) Consumer confidence has plummeted ;
    2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing!;
    3) Unemployment is up to 5.5% (a 10% increase);
    4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION
    DOLLARS and prices still dropping;
    5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.
    6) as I write, THE DOW is probing another low~~
    $2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT
    PORTFOLIOS!

YES, IN 2006 AMERICA VOTED FOR CHANGE...AND WE SURE GOT IT! ...

REMEMBER THE PRESIDENT HAS NO CONTROL OVER ANY OF THESE ISSUES, ONLY CONGRESS.

AND WHAT HAS CONGRESS DONE IN THE LAST TWO YEARS, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

NOW THE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT CLAIMS HE IS GOING TO REALLY GIVE US CHANGE ALONG WITH A DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS!!!!

JUST HOW MUCH MORE 'CHANGE' DO YOU THINK YOU CAN STAND?

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33
    Just passing along an email I got. Funny stuff. Change....

http://www.snopes.com/politics/busin...dforchange.asp

Status - false

FYI only.

George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years. The first six the economy was fine.

A little over one year ago:
    1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
    2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
    3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%.
    4) the DOW JONES hit a record high--14,000 +
    5) American's were buying new cars,taking cruises, vacations overseas, living large!...

But American's wanted 'CHANGE'! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress and yes--we got 'CHANGE' all right. In the PAST YEAR:

1) Consumer confidence has plummeted ;
    2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing!;
    3) Unemployment is up to 5.5% (a 10% increase);
    4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION
    DOLLARS and prices still dropping;
    5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.
    6) as I write, THE DOW is probing another low~~
    $2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT
    PORTFOLIOS!

YES, IN 2006 AMERICA VOTED FOR CHANGE...AND WE SURE GOT IT! ...

REMEMBER THE PRESIDENT HAS NO CONTROL OVER ANY OF THESE ISSUES, ONLY CONGRESS.

AND WHAT HAS CONGRESS DONE IN THE LAST TWO YEARS, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

NOW THE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT CLAIMS HE IS GOING TO REALLY GIVE US CHANGE ALONG WITH A DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS!!!!

JUST HOW MUCH MORE 'CHANGE' DO YOU THINK YOU CAN STAND?
    False? These appear to be indisputable statistics. Exactly WHICH of them are supposed to be "false"? Other than the obsolete "gas prices still rising" line.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by "texaspackerbacker
    False? These appear to be indisputable statistics. Exactly WHICH of them are supposed to be "false"? Other than the obsolete "gas prices still rising" line.
    Presidents shouldn't take credit (or blame) for economic changes... the administrations over the past 20 years and policies dating back 60+ years have got us in the situation we're in.

I laugh when Clinton lovers give credit to him for the dotcom boom and job creation. I also cringe when people blame the economy on Bush.

I think the reaction (inaction) by Congress is deplorable and absolutely pathetic since the Dems have owned the House. Part of the 'false' is that the Senate is split.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by "texaspackerbacker
    Presidents shouldn't take credit (or blame) for economic changes... the administrations over the past 20 years and policies dating back 60+ years have got us in the situation we're in.

I laugh when Clinton lovers give credit to him for the dotcom boom and job creation. I also cringe when people blame the economy on Bush.

I think the reaction (inaction) by Congress is deplorable and absolutely pathetic since the Dems have owned the House. Part of the 'false' is that the Senate is split.
    That chaps my ass with Clinton too. It is pretty ridiculous and preposterous.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    I can't decide until I watch all the debates. I'm still considering Bob Barr, since he has a very good chance of getting 1% of the vote and 'sending a message.'

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...d-party-debate
    Instead you will vote for the guy who voted against the bush tax cuts and called them a "tax cut for the very wealthy"....sounds more like a dem than a republican.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarlam!
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    Dubya and his gang have fucked us hard and deserve to be run out of town like the scum they are.

Good fucking riddance.
    He is not very loved in Germany. But thatv is usually a reason to support him, right?
    funny story here in thailand...I have been here for 10 days I think it is and 9 people (cabbies, bellman, ect) have asked me if I'm going to vote for obama. I ask them if they know who he is running against and so far I am 0 for 9 on an answer....man the world media is biased. Do people here in thailand really think the chosen one is going to somehow fix the ills of this country??

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker

PS...the leadership in the senate is democrats....so that isn't false either. Joe Lieberman is an independent in name only, but harry ried is the LEADER of the senate.

So you are admitting there is nothing false in that post except for what is being "implied". All the facts are accurate as far as I can tell. That being said I agree you can't put all of those things on bush or dems....I generally think bush has been a pretty crappy president, but that post wasn't false....except for what is being IMPLIED.

Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967