Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Homosexuals target kindergarten kids

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier
    Why the desparate need to reinforce a social form (heterosexuality) as "normal" and "good" that has manifestly never been anything other than one practice among many?
    'heterosexuality' is normal by definition.
    Well then the definition is flawed.
    What is your definition of the concept normal? To me, and anyone else who can think, it means 'the norm' or 'the average.'....It is reality.
    That's his problem....the disconnect between his thinking and reality.

Quote Originally Posted by reality-challenged hoosier
    LL2 = Kiwon
    Thank you for the compliment

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Some people are never going to get. Giving a 6 year old anything at all that has to do with sex at a school is totally inappropriate. This teacher was way out of line regardless of what this pledge card stood for. I would be pissed if the teacher gave my kid a "straight" pledge card. Not his or her place and I would personally shove the pledge card up their ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    Some people are never going to get. Giving a 6 year old anything at all that has to do with sex at a school is totally inappropriate. This teacher was way out of line regardless of what this pledge card stood for. I would be pissed if the teacher gave my kid a "straight" pledge card. Not his or her place and I would personally shove the pledge card up their ass.
    for once i agree with you...they should hold off until at least 3rd, maybe 4th grade

Typical democratic assault... and that's what this is - assault.

Getting remarried next year, and plan on having kids right away... won't let my kids get within a moonshot of a public school and this type of indoctrination.
    wist

What is your definition of the concept normal? To me, and anyone else who can think, it means 'the norm' or 'the average.' About 97% of the population is heterosexual; thus, the norm. It's not a pejorative term. It is reality.
    You would not say that people with green eyes are abnormal. And you would not say that it is normal to have blond or brown hair color.

The use of "normal" for heterosexuality can mean "most common", as the dictionary defines it. But of course normal also carries a positive connotation, and abnormal is perjorative. Saying only heterosexuality is "normal" is done to cast aspersions.

Who are you kidding?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    What is your definition of the concept normal? To me, and anyone else who can think, it means 'the norm' or 'the average.' About 97% of the population is heterosexual; thus, the norm. It's not a pejorative term. It is reality.
    You would not say that people with green eyes are abnormal. And you would not say that it is normal to have blond or brown hair color.

The use of "normal" for heterosexuality can mean "most common", as the dictionary defines it. But of course normal also carries a positive connotation, and abnormal is perjorative. Saying only heterosexuality is "normal" is done to cast aspersions.

Who are you kidding?
    you.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

got me again. your halloween cracker costume kills.

Why the desparate need to reinforce a social form (heterosexuality) as "normal" and "good" that has manifestly never been anything other than one practice among many?
    'heterosexuality' is normal by definition.
    Well then the definition is flawed.
    In this thread I was referring to the way posters like Tex use the term: "normal" as a synonym for what ought to be, as in "good, normal Americans." Norm may mean average in some contexts but the normative connotation is at least as common if not more so.