Look at what you people have done!! One thread and I have to agree with Harlan, Skinbasket AND Tyrone? Yeesh. First off to the question that started the whole thing.

Partial. Have a little imagination and learn to think on your feet. It comes in very handy in parenting. Until then, go with Skin's advice and DO. NOT. HAVE. CHILDREN. You do not explain the birds and bees to little kids. It is unnecessary. Give them a simple answer and it will be fine.

As to the question of gay marriage, I have to agree with Harlan. I think I probably even said so earlier in the thread, but if there are consenting adults that we are willing to legislate should not be married, then that's fine. Get the government out of the marriage business and put it in church where it belongs. Make a legal union between two people (gay or straight) called a civil union and leave God's definition to his church. Same rights apply to all in a civil union by the way.

Lastly, Tar, much as I love ya, and I think you are entitled to your own views, if we should accept that God made us like we are, then you have to accept that God made about 10% of us gay for whatever reason. Maybe he did it as a test to see how his children treated their fellow humans, you know that first stone and judgment stuff Zool was talking about.

There. Problem solved. Now can we please find an easier source of geothermal heat rather than core drilling or something so we can solve an actual problem? You're worried about what to tell your kids, P, think about how you're going to explain to them that their parents generations ran them out of oil when there were renewable options that weren't properly pursued. You'll find two guys holding hands a much easier conversation.